Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any other Our New Baby Collectors? ?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Time to 'fess up. Who else is spending their retirement on Our New Baby?

In a few weeks, I've acquired an Asian ONB (excellent condition!), the eyelet gown and bonnet, and the gingham party dress, bib, and socks. I've almost bought the lullabye basket. I keep hoping that the knits will pop up someday, but shudder at what the cost will be. . .

My husband says the other dolls must be getting jealous, because I carry Mia around all the time. He asked me if I planned to neglect him, like I do the girls, when we have a real baby! She is too cute, I can't help it. :-)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd like to be. But I keep getting outbid on the ones I find on ebay!

Linda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Me too! I always loved our new baby,but haven't been able to really get anything ONB yet.I'm still not sure if Emma(my ebay bitty)is an ONB or a PM bitty.I've almost gotten the basket and a couple outfits but missed out.Doesn't stop me though [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, you have to basically put $30 on top of what you think would be a sane price. . . ONB does not come cheap. I think the outfits generally average around $40 now for good condition. Dolls I see go from $70-$100 if they are obviously ONB. It's not for the faint of heart - kind of like retired Felicity collecting.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Okay- If I must fess up [img]redface.gif[/img]
    "We" have managed to have 2 ONB their features are so pretty. We have the basket and the sleepers and the red strip dress. I have been outbid on several other outfits and only managed to get the dress because it was listed as a BIN. Okay-Okay-Truth be told I do play with Bitsy and Bitty way more than the girls do, when they want to see them the girls know to find them in my room [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have an Our New Baby with her original sleeper and red jumper set, but as I have mostly handmade clothes for her, I don't have more. I don't even collect Our New Baby or Bitty right now because I'm more focused on the 18" dolls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have several of the blonde ONB's, dressed in the sleeper without feet. They were ebay wins. We'd love to have an asian baby, either bitty or ONB. They're adorable!!

We also got lucky & won some of the ONB outfits on ebay too--the taffeta dress, red/white stripe dress/romper, knit dress, & sweater set. We also have a couple buntings & a blanket & pillow but no basket. It's cute, but we have no extra space for it. I put the stripe outfits on my granddaughter's twin bitty babies & they looked really cute. We don't have the shoes or socks for the outfits though. I'm thinking the white plastic shoes would be OK with the stripe outfits as well as the taffeta dress.

I've seen the taffeta dress as well as the red/white stripe dress on ebay lately. They were available at the MCM sale last summer & the stripe dress had the matching red panties!

I think the new sweater set in the current AG catalog would look nice on the ONB babies as well as current bitty babies. At first the set was just available at AGP but now it's in the catalog & a romper is included. I ordered it just so we'd have the romper too!

Have fun collecting!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I actually have an ONB outfit, and I would be curious to know how much it's worth. It's mint green & white ginham with little red hearts or apples or something(can't remember off the top of my head) and it's a like a onesie, but made out of tafetta. I've seen it on ebay a couple times before, and I've also seen it as a dress. I think it might be from the first year ONB was introduced. Any help would be appreciated!

~Dee

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! I didn't know they were that pricey.

My friend gave me her old one-with the ONB book, the knit cap, and other accessories-the blue checked bag and sleeper...

-Jordyn

joelanddeborah

I'd sure like to be in the ONB club!! I have the old lullabye basket, but our dolls are 1996 and 2002. My younger daughter is very careful with the Bitty Baby things, but when my little nieces come over, the lullabye basket and all the old wicker suitcases get hidden in my bedroom closet!

I have some cute, white Costco doll furniture they always use to play the dollies with and they love it just as much. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast