Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does any take their dolls with them out in public??

AmericanGirlLover2982
    Thank you so much guys for your suggestions. I might consider the dolly carrier. Thank you!!

Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a cool doll carrier. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Nann

courtneysunshine

Originally posted by kamakajr:
    For those of you who do take your dolls around, aren't you ever afraid of misplacing them? So easy to do in a big environment like Disney World.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It is funny you mentioned that. We were taking pictures of my Kit at Fort Wilderness and I got distracted and walked off a ways to look at something my husband was showing me. A nice lady came up to me and said, "Isn't that your doll?" I had left her up on a shelf sitting next to Tigger and Pooh. Usually I am very careful when we take her around and at Disney, with all their displays it is sometimes hard for people to distinguish whether the doll is someone's personal property or whether the doll is part of a Disney scene so I'm sure Kit would have been safe for a while. While we were at Tom Sawyer's Island we placed Kit on a high shelf and a number of people walking by thought Disney had put her there as part of the scene. We also usually have a doll stroller that my daughter wheels around that the dolls stay in unless we take them out for pictures or rides.

Kim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I will admit I took the twins with my in the car to work with me today. Wanted their company in the car with me on the drive home which is when I need support the most. Everytime I look at them I smile, and right now that is what I need. I need to smile more because right now I am fighting for control of a classroom full of high schoolers all day and at the moment I am loosing badly. I have to leave the covered up in the car because I have no where to hide them at work.

Ashley

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have looked at those doll carriers, but I am concerned about protecting the doll's face. It looks like any clothes that you hang will have the hanger sticking out right where her eyes are. What do you think?

I have been hoping to find a tote bag that is wide enough for the doll to sit in the bottom and tall enough to hide her from prying eyes and sunlight. I would prefer that it close with a button up at the top or possibly a plastic zipper if it was high enough to not interfere with her hair. It would be a bonus if there were some secure outside pockets, for keys, wallet, cell phone, etc. That way I wouldn't have to carry a purse as well as the doll. Any idea where I can find a tote like this?

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 23, 2005 07:07 PM: Message edited by: MaryCarly ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Can you sew??? Even just a little?? Tote bags are really, really easy. I can write you up intructions if you want to try it.

If you can hold out till summer I will make you one that meets your needs.

Ashley

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sometimes I'm brave and sometimes I chicken out. I've had a doll with me at the airport before. Usually when I do a dollie photo session at WDW, I'll hide her in my bag until I find a good photo spot. The other day though, Epcot had it's doll and teddy bear wkend, so this time I decided to be brave and actually carry her out in the open. [img]smile.gif[/img] I didn't get any negative comments. One mother actually recognized Nellie as I was posing her in the UK gardens.

If I'm with others who have their dolls too, I'm just fine with it. Hey Kim, look me up the next time you're at Disney and I'll bring a doll! hehe. I'm sorry I couldn't make it the other day when you all and Dianna and her mom ate in Japan.
    -Angela

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the doll carrier link! I was just thinking how I needed one of those...I couldn't find a bag that Kelsey could fit in without being smushed when I wanted to take her with me the other day! I'm too embarrased to just carry her. I admire those who can take their dolls out in public without feeling self-conscious though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12