Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was going through my old catalogs to find the issue of Pleasant Times newspaper that tells how to do Addy's hair in "Bedtime Braids". The front page of the paper talks about Addy's debut and it says that prototypes of Addy along with her school furniture and accessories were displayed at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC in January 1993 for the Children's Celebration of the Clinton Inuagural festivitities. "Thousands of lucky girls and their families- even members of Congress- got a sneak preview!" It also says that Pleasant had been planning for Addy for a long time and it took over 3 years to develp her.

Janie3082

That's really interesting! I would love to hear the "making of" stories behind all the historical girls!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! How interesting! I didn't know there used to be a Pleasant Times newspaper? Does anyone know more about this? Thanks for sharing!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that AG could easily make books on the development of each of the historicals. For example who's idea was it to have a colonial doll? Who decided that Felicity should have red hair? Who decided that Samantha should be a an orphan? Who came up with the names?? It would be very intersting!

chrstnwmn7

How interesting!!! I would love to see how their process works too!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was definately Pleasant's idea for a colonial girl. She was inspired by Williamsburg to create the AGC in the first place!

The Pleasant Times newspaper first came in a few catalogs and then was offered as part of the Historical club they had for awhile. I was not a member so I only have the few newspapers that came in the catalogs. Check out Emily Strange's website for the old Pleasant Pastimes newsletter. Those were wonderful and I wish they continued them longer!

ponydreamer

We had all of the newspapers. I threw them out years ago. My daughter was a member of the club. I've always been a "thrower". I wish I could stop myself. LOL....What I wouldn't give for those old catalogs we had. But we do have every single issue of American Girl that she got. Most have the paper dolls intact, too. I used to beg to play with them, but she wouldn't let me! She wanted to save them as new. I think she was 7 or 8 when she started doing that!