Thread: What hairstyles do the AGP salons offer?

Dancingfewl423

Just curious - what hairstyles do they offer and what price?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My advice regarding the AG doll salon is save your money, stand near the salon and watch as the style the dolls hair then try them at home.

When we were in AG place NY on a saturday the salon was swamped with little girls ad their dolls I stood back and watched as each girl picked the hair style for their doll and the dolls hair was styled.

I learned several really neat tricks like a toothbrush dipped in water to help in styling, using a comb with a pointy end to separate the hair, etc.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do they do "poodle ears" -- two pony tails (one on each side of the doll's head)? It would seem that to make it look good, they would have to clip some of the hair on the back of the wig to cover up the underlying matrix. This is what was done with Molly's braids...

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I did look over the list of offered hair styles when I was in one or the AGP's, and it seems to me that they will do most of the styles offered in their Doll Hair book. I asked if they would do other styles on request, and was told they were not allowed to do that. The styles in the doll hair book are also shown on the hair care video; if that is still available, it would be a good way to learn to do them yourself.

And yes, Taffy, they will to the "poodle ears" pony tails, but they just leave the wig cap showing in back - which they also do when they do two braids on a non-Molly-or-Kirsten doll.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 31, 2006 04:43 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Jeanette M.:
    And yes, Taffy, they will to the "poodle ears" pony tails, but they just leave the wig cap showing in back - which they also do when they do two braids on a non-Molly-or-Kirsten doll.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That would look pretty yucky... On one of my Gotz dolls on which they did not clip the hair on the back of her head, they carefully teased out alternating small bunches of hair from each side, pulling them across to the other side, and thereby disguised the wig cap.

I will have to take a picture to show what it looks like...

Taffy

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 31, 2006 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Taffy Cheerful ]</font>

HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The salons offer a variety of hairstyles, they do have a list but I think you can tell them what you want also. Maybe not, I'm not sure. The prices are pretty expensive for a doll hair-do; ranging from $15-$25 (my friend got a $25 dollar one! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] ) Anyways, they have braids, ponytails, pigtails, etc. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]