Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I currently work part time at a scrapbooking store called Archiver's. It's a great place if you like scrapbooking or rubberstamping/card making etc.

I also have a lot of products by Creative Memories, including their 8-1/2" x 11" cranberry colored album. I've been wanting to start a scrapbook for Diana of all her AG dolls or our adventures to AGP or the fashion shows, etc. I have the sticker sets from Hallmark and some of the stationary sets as well. Also just got some nice Josefina stickers from AGP's birthday celebration. I know Hallmark also had the "memory book" which was a scrapbook style, and I think AG carries it as well.

I just wish they would come out with a new product line of scrapbooking materials. More stickers, specialty papers, etc. I think it would be nice and a good craft/art project for girls, so not to way off base for them. Kind of like how they came out with the latch hook Coconut pillow. Girls as young as Diana can scrapbook, she's already done 2 of them herself!

They also have the rubber stamps for Coconut, I'd like to see the historical dolls done too.

I think they could really go quite far with this type of product line and bring in the older girls as well.

Laurie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think they need doll sized historical scrapbooking kits. Like one for Molly for the English princesses, one for Samantha for her travels or for Uncle Gard's wedding or the time when Nellie was adopted,etc. Something along the lines of Kit's photograph album. I a putting together a scrapbook of my and Samantha's trip to Chicago last June. I am using Creative Memories "Life's Journey" kit and some other vintage type paper I found at Michael's.

Janie3082

Laurie, one time I did see some AG historical stamps at Hallmark, but they were only of the girls' "symbols". Kirsten's was a heart, Molly's was a star, etc. It's the little symbols that are on the spine of the books. That was quite a while ago, and since Hallmark is discontinuing the historical items, it is probably a hard item to find. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Inactive Member StarTrekCaptain's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am sending along a creative memories scrapbook and materials with Cambria so her hosts can put in pics they took of her and write all their memories, and by the time Cambria comes home she will have a whole scrpabook full of memories of her long vacation.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On Amazon.com I noticed they have a release date for an AG scrapbook and I think the release date was September 1, 2005.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've thought for a while now that CM should partner with American Girl to do a line of scrapbooking stuff. To me, their style and what the company emphasizes (preserving your family history) fits very nicely with what Pleasant was trying to do.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am a CM consultant and would personally love to have American Girl products, for all our trips to AGPC, but I don't forsee them doing a line. AG is relatively small compared to Disney or Boy Scouts, the only licenses we currently have. (Even Girl Scouts would not license to us). Best I can think of at this point is to use the 40's pack for Molly, and Heirloom lines for Samantha.
    I had thought about using tape runner to stick down Kit's pictures in her photo album-LOL! Still, I'll put in a request at Corporate, can't hurt!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

About two years ago I made some doll-size Scrapbook Kits. The albums were covered in fabric from the AG blue floral dress. With the kit was oodles of supplies. I only made 7 kits and every one sold on ebay. One of these days I'm going to put together more doll-size kits. I probably should do it soon because American Girl has always been trendy and I won't be surprised a bit if they come out with a doll-size scrapbook kit. well.... they better! And soon!

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by danaspillar:
    I am a CM consultant and would personally love to have American Girl products, for all our trips to AGPC, but I don't forsee them doing a line. AG is relatively small compared to Disney or Boy Scouts, the only licenses we currently have. (Even Girl Scouts would not license to us). Best I can think of at this point is to use the 40's pack for Molly, and Heirloom lines for Samantha.
    I had thought about using tape runner to stick down Kit's pictures in her photo album-LOL! Still, I'll put in a request at Corporate, can't hurt!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My mom is a consultant too and I keep telling her she needs to suggest it! The company visions go hand in hand, IMO. I think she DID use the mini tape runner to put her Kit's pictures in...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Laurie, that's cool that you work at Archivers! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I used to work at a scrapbook store here in Tampa. I [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] scrapbooking and would love to see some AG stuff made. I have done some AG pages but not with any doll-related embellishments.
    That's neat that Diana has done some scrapbooking too. My sister and my nephew have been scrapbooking together since he was about five. He has done some albums on his own too and loves it. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast