Thread: Felicity's New Sister book retired!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation

I checked the American Girl site yesterday and I noticed that it isn't on the website anymore!

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 24, 2005 05:37 PM: Message edited by: dolllover ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wouldn't worry about it too much. Samantha's got 2 ss books missing from her page-Samantha Saves the Wedding and The Missing Pearls. They are probably just sold out temporarily and will appear online once a new shipment arrives. AG has never retired an historical story book, just the craft, theater and cookbooks kind of stuff.

The Samantha books are still available at B&N. But last time I looked, AGPC was completely out of the Missing Pearls book.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your probably right.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didn't even know Samantha had a short story with "Missing Pearls" in the title. Thought we had read them all. Thanks for the post.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That seemed like the hardest Samantha short story for me to find at bookstores: Samantha and the Missing Pearls. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've never heard of this Felicity book? Is it about Felicity and her sister Nan?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's about Felicity and her baby sister Polly. Felicity's Traveling gown was introduced when this book was released because Felicity was wearing the Traveling Gown on the cover of the book.(I think [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] ).

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 24, 2005 08:11 PM: Message edited by: dolllover ]</font>

Inactive Member StarTrekCaptain's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You're right, it goes with the traveling gown which appears on the cover but looks sort of bluueish instead of purple.
    The story is about the fmaily going to Grandfathers planatation for a vacation before the new baby comes, but the carriage thingy breaks down and they are stranded and the baby is born. Also explains why they name the baby what they named it. Good story, I liked it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Janie3082

I remember a lot of the AG short stories when they were brand new in the American Girl Magazine. My mom found my old mags and it was neat to look through them again. In this story about Felicity's sister, they changed the dress that Lissie is wearing. In the mag she was wearing her "meet" dress and the name of the story was "Mother's New Baby". All the illustrations are the same, except in book form they put Lissie in the traveling gown. Some of the other short stories have different names and outfits on the main girls too, probably so they could introduce a new outfit with the book. That's fine by me, I wish they would continue doing more short story outfits! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]