Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    All the dolls' dolls(except Felicity's) were on sale so I ordered them indivdiually and used the code. They just arrived!

Samantha's and Molly's dolls are a little bigger than the rag dolls the other's have. Felicity's wood doll is the smallest, but it comes with her invitation to the palace tied with a red ribbon. Kaya's doll comes in a cradleboard for Steps High. Since I don't have Steps High and don't plan on getting it for the time being I took her doll out of the cradleboard.

Molly's doll comes in a cardboard box that is her father's Xmas package in the story. It also comes with a little snowglobe and green tissue paper. I didn't want to open the cardboard box(which is wrapped in twine) but I had to in order to get the nurse doll out.

I let my American Girls play with their new dolls for a little bit, but because I'm moving in a week I'll have to pack the dolls and the dolls' dolls away to go to the new apartment. I have a box of all my extra AG stuff, but I'm putting it in storage. I don't have the space for it in the apartment. The cradleboard, invitation and Molly's gift box and snowglobe will go in storage with the other miscellaneous stuff.

I'm going to have all my dolls sit on a shelf in my new apartment in their meet outfits, accessories and purses with their dolls. The modern AGs will sit with their accessory sets(Lindsey with her laptop and bag, Kailey with her beach bag, Marisol with her cat and dance duffel, and Allison with her purse and backpack). One of the boxes that came today is a little larger than the others and is a perfect size for all the dolls' dolls.

Of course I got another pair of AG club shoes. Now I have 2 pairs. Probably won't order anything else until they come up with a new gift. They'll also go in storage.

I know all my AGs are looking forward to moving day so they can all have their dolls to play with. Now I know how Kirsten felt when she had to leave Sari behind.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reviews, Katie! Glad you liked your new stuff! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reviews! What do you think of Sari and Ida Bean? I'm considering coding them, but probably will never get Kirsten or Addy, so I don't know if I'd be wasting my money... [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gabby, I LOVE Sari and Ida Bean. Sari is so sweet! She has blond braids and blue eyes just like Kirsten. She has stuffed hands and feet and a blue dress and apron just like Kirsten. I think the early PM version is cuter, but her hair is ratty in the back of her head now, and a seam on her dress came apart a bit and her apron is a little dirty but she looks like she is well-loved and came from Sweden all the way to America. Plus the story behind her is so special!

Ida Bean is so cute! She has a nicely stuffed bean body that is so huggable. She even has tiny earings and a hairbow!

The rag dolls are definately my favorites!

Inactive Member StarTrekCaptain's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey that is so funny because I got my doll's dolls today too!!

I already had Felicity's, Samantha's, Nellie's, and Molly's, so I just ordered all the ones I didn't have.

Can I ask you something about Molly's? Anyone can answer. I got Molly's Christams box about ten years ago, and it had the nurse doll and the snowglobe- are they still using the snowglobe? It comes in a little cardboard box. I did not have any green tissue paper in mine, is that a new thing? Is everything esle still the same about it, like does anyone know if they use the same snowglobe? The one I got, on the cardboard box it comes in, shows pictures of other similar snowglobes,like same size shape and materials but maybe a diffferent color, or different figure on the inside, like Rudolph or something- so I always wondered if everyone who ordered it got the same snowglobe or if they sent out all those varieties and it would just depend on which one you got.

Well I will tell you what I thought of the ones I just got that I did not have until now:

Kaya's- I loved this! The doll is so cute and it's neat how its all wrapped up in the cradleboard. I was afraid it was sewn in but then i realized you can take it out, it is just put in there really tight. I love whole look of the doll and the cradleboard, and I like how having the cradleboard makes everthing bigger.

Josefina's- I liked this, even tho I have never been crazy about the fabric of the dress. I like how this one and Kirsten's and Addy's look together- they are all cute togteher!

Kirsten's- I loved this!! I didn't expect too, really. But it does look old, especially the apron because they cut fringe and sort of yellowed the apron or soemthing and I just love the whole look.

Addy's- Are they REAL beans inside? Cause I'm afraid they'll ruin in there or something...But I like the purple dress and the earrings and the hair!

Kit's- I LOVED this one too! I like how the jacket and gloves are removeable and how the tie is not sewn down, and how it comes with the little hat that can come on or off. I liked this one;s face and hair too even tho the hair was sort of fuzzy and pulling off on my doll. I did not expect to like this one because I always thought it looked funny, but I really like it!

I am glad they were on discount AND I could use the code because it made them so cheap, and I probably never would have bought them otherwise since I think 15-18 or whatever dollars is a lot to psend on such little dolls. I am glad they had the code during the sale! LOL.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ March 24, 2005 08:45 PM: Message edited by: StarTrekCaptain ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There are SEVERAL different versions of Molly's snow globe and a few different ballerina dolls and a few different nurse dolls as well.

I don't think Ida Bean's beans will spoil. I'm not sure they're real but I think they are the same beans that come with Addy's mancala game if that helps.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really want the dolls! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Thanks for the review! maybe this will send me off the edge!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ida Bean's "beans" are probably the same plastic pellets that they put in Beanie Babies.

I kind of wish that the aviator doll's hat was attached because it keeps coming off and I'm afraid I'll lose it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Katie from IL:
    Ida Bean's "beans" are probably the same plastic pellets that they put in Beanie Babies.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No they're not the same thing. I've seen broken beanie babies and beanie babies are plastic pellets. Ida Bean has beans! I think they're plastic but they look like tiny little beans. If you look in my dolls album of New Years pictures last year, Addy is playing mancala and I THINK Ida Bean is stuffed with the same type of bean.