Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AG order....am I being too picky?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd let the shirt pass (think of it as saving fabric in the Depression by not matching the stripes), but I would definitely send back the doggie and the glasses.
    There's an exchange form on the back of the invoice, and some of the reasons listed for exchange include "not the quality expected", and "manufacturing defect" or something to that effect--there should be no problem about exchanging or just returning from AG!

Sorry about your disappointment; I'm having to exchange Felicity's Rose Garden dress, myself--the neckruffle is totally un-gathered in most places and flops down; it looks horrible! [img]eek.gif[/img]
    I'll get to filling out the form and mailing it off in a day or two though--had a busy week! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with the having to accept the stripes on the shirt sleeve. Clothing pieces are stamped out with giant machines using dies on a stack of fabric, cutting dozens of pieces at the same time. I'm not sure if AG uses this method but it's pretty standard in the clothing industry. To change the stripes on one sleeve, AG would have to change the dies used and the pattern piece layout in manufacturing of the shirt just to match up the stripes more.

But I totally agree that the "tortoise shell" glasses are a pathetic offering. When I got mine, I had to check the invoice and website to see what happened to my order. I couldn't understand why AG sent me "camo glasses". Mine have prominent greenish markers so they are mustard and green and look like camouflage. I was expecting glasses that looked just like the "rectangle glasses" only a different shape.

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would return the glasses, try to squish the dog's face into a better shape, and keep the shirt. I don't see the shirt as flawed, I think you're being too picky there. I think you might be able to fix the dog by just mashing his face a little (I did with Grace), but the glasses are bad. If you can't fix the dog and it will really bother you, you could try again, but I don't know that you'll get much better. Good luck! You could have a PS try to pick out a dog.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think you are being too picky at all--after all I'm one who spent the past few days agonizing over my two Nellie's (neither one utterly perfect!).

I'm not an expert on Molly's glasses so I can't comment on that one, but Jip is lopsided--his eyes look totally different sizes to me! Send him back!

Kit's overalls shirt is not my favorite--I adore the overalls and so does our Kit but she always wears them with other shirts. If you plan to have your dolls wear that shirt frequently, you might want to send it back. I'll try to check my shirt for you and if ours looks any better, I would be glad to trade you. PM me (even if it's a few weeks from now) and I'll try to help.

Good luck!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The shirt looks just like mine, so you'll probably get the same thing back. I don't think Kit would be too concerned with how the shirt looked while she was in jail [img]wink.gif[/img] .

I'm not too fond of Jip, in general, but this one looks cute. Kind of like he has his head cocked to the side, begging, or being confused. I don't think I'd bother with exchanging for another Jip, it'd probably take a few to get a perfect one.

I mentioned this in your thread about AGT24. I have those glasses (though they're from 1997), and they look nothing like yours. They actually are tortiseshell, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mustard color as the base, and something else (the tourtise..ing) goes on top of that, and you got a defective pair. I'd more than happy to dig them out to take a pic of what they should look like, if you want to see. From other posts, it looks like they might just be mustardy now, perhaps return these and try for some old ones on ebay (they're quite cute).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you're not happy with your order, I'd exchange/return it all. With the money these items cost, you should be happy with them.

Molly's glasses are silver color; all the other glasses are JLY items.

Good luck & I hope you get a shirt that works for you!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think you're being too picky at all, especially about the glasses. I would definitely return them. I think your Jip is cute, but if it bothers you then I'd try for another one and maybe have a PS pick one out.
    As for the shirt, I can definitely see where it bothers you. I wouldn't exchange it, however, unless I was able to pick one out myself, because you'll probably just get the same thing shipped back.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think you're being picky at all. AG has a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so if you have any problems with your order, definitely get a refund or have them send you replacement items for whichever items you have a problem with. Hope that helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 11, 2006 03:58 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't think you're being too picky at all- the glasses are definitely a mustard color and Jip (poor doggy) is noticably lopsided. When it comes to Kit's shirt, I think its your seamstress side kicking in because I'm very particular but the stripe thing has never bothered me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks so much for all your responses. At least I don't feel like I'm off my rocker and I appreciate each and every comment. I did give a call to CS today and they said to return whatever I wasn't happy with. I know for sure the glasses are going back. When I took Jip out of the box today, I squished his face around a bit and he looked a little cuter so I'm still thinking about keeping him. As for the shirt, I'll be okay with keeping it since the chances of getting a perfect one are slim. I just know that during production, the sleeves are cut correctly it's just that the seamstress used the wrong side out (oxford cloth looks the same on both sides). Oh well, no biggie. Again, thank you all!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast