Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Please - Signatures are Growing Like Weeds!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Some of our members are once again experiencing computer problems because of the long signatures with really big pictures.
    Please re-read the signature guideline sticky and limit your signature according to the guidelines.

Thanks for all your help with this matter. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh dear, I hope mine isn't one of these cases? Just let me know, I can change it up (I randomly change it up anyway) [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for being the "bad guy." I was just contemplating whether to post about this. Thanks again!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by adorevintage:
    Oh dear, I hope mine isn't one of these cases? Just let me know, I can change it up (I randomly change it up anyway) [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No - Yours is fine!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much for bringing this up, Judi!

A number of people have sigs with more than one picture (tickers aside), or just one (or more) HUGE picture that's obviously much larger than 3X5. The pictures are all lovely, but take forever to load [img]frown.gif[/img] .

It's not as much of a problem when pictures are left there for awhile, as they get caught in one's cookies, and load much more quickly after the first time, but when people change them 2-3+ times a week, that's when it starts to take forever [img]frown.gif[/img]

AdoreVintage, I think your's is gorgeous, your Kirsten is soo cute. Does she have silver eye, or are her eyes just striking for "no" reason. I also love the lip gloss!

Edit: Also, I know it was just Easter, but since it has passed, could the religious "stuff" be taken out of people's signatures? If I remember correctly, in the sticky about signatures one of our members was told not to put stuff like that in her signature, and since it's past the holiday, it seems like it would be polite to extend that to all the members. [img]smile.gif[/img] .

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 17, 2006 03:30 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font>

prasnlrd

Uh-oh..let me go look at mine! Well my AGPLA ticker will be leaving in 3 days and Abigale's ticker is gone as she is home. I can and will take out the Easter graphic now too. Heee-Hawwwww!!!!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Originally posted by cami713:
    Thanks so much for bringing this up, Judi!

A number of people have sigs with more than one picture (tickers aside), or just one (or more) HUGE picture that's obviously much larger than 3X5. The pictures are all lovely, but take forever to load [img]frown.gif[/img] .

It's not as much of a problem when pictures are left there for awhile, as they get caught in one's cookies, and load much more quickly after the first time, but when people change them 2-3+ times a week, that's when it starts to take forever [img]frown.gif[/img]

AdoreVintage, I think your's is gorgeous, your Kirsten is soo cute. Does she have silver eye, or are her eyes just striking for "no" reason. I also love the lip gloss!

Edit: Also, I know it was just Easter, but since it has passed, could the religious "stuff" be taken out of people's signatures? If I remember correctly, in the sticky about signatures one of our members was told not to put stuff like that in her signature, and since it's past the holiday, it seems like it would be polite to extend that to all the members. [img]smile.gif[/img] .

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ April 17, 2006 03:30 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree with Cami. I remember that a member of the board had previously been told to change her signature because it contained "religious material." Other members on this board currently have religious things in their sigs leftover from Easter, and, as Cami said, now that Easter is over, the rule should be the same for all members.

I love the pictures people have in their signatures, but my computer is slow (dial-up, as many members here have), and they take forever to load. When one member has a large or multiple pictures in their signature, it slows the loading time for everyone else's pictures. Besides loading time, some pictures are so large that they mess up my screen so I have to scroll back and forth to read the posts, which is rather annoying.

I love everyone's signatures, but we established the sig guidelines for a reason, and I think we need to stick to them [img]smile.gif[/img] .

I*love*dolls

Yeah, remember when I had that really long one I took out? Well, I saw one like over twice as long. I'm glad you posted this! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would like to thank everyone in advance for shrinking their signatures becaues I am still on a 16.6 kbps dial up connection.

Ashley

I*love*dolls

Originally posted by Ds9jullian:
    I would like to thank everyone in advance for shrinking their signatures becaues I am still on a 16.6 kbps dial up connection.

Ashley
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We posted at the same time!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast