Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help Please - Signatures are Growing Like Weeds!

AmericanGirlLover2982
    I hope mine is ok? Someone please let me know.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think mine's okay for size, but if it isn't, could someone let me know? I might have cable, but I occasionally visit people who only have dial-up, so I know what a pain it is to wait for them to load and have the page stall on you! (And I would really like to not have to cause anyone that amount of annoyance...)

Out of curiosity, why do the religious signatures bother people? Aren't people entitled to whatever they want and believe in their signatures? They aren't making huge posts about it on the board, and if people really get bothered by it, they shouldn't read the signatures. I personally find it a little hurtful. If you don't want us Christians on the board, just tell us so. And please note that I'm not accusing; I'm simply asking, because I'm very confused and rather hurt.

*Kas

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Could I make my signature a little bigger because you can't read the writing and you can barely see the faces? Or is it already as big as it can go because I have writing?

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 17, 2006 04:32 PM: Message edited by: kayakacey04 ]</font>

13Pumpkins

Originally posted by Kasatarina:
    Out of curiosity, why do the religious signatures bother people? Aren't people entitled to whatever they want and believe in their signatures? They aren't making huge posts about it on the board, and if people really get bothered by it, they shouldn't read the signatures. I personally find it a little hurtful. If you don't want us Christians on the board, just tell us so. And please note that I'm not accusing; I'm simply asking, because I'm very confused and rather hurt.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There's no reason to be hurt. This isn't aimed at any one religion. It is to make this peaceful and comfortable for all, and I applaud the mods for making this board this way. Religions cannot help but clash. Period. It has NOTHING to do with Christianity in particular. If I put a big ole' sabbatical goat on mine, most Christians would be upset and scared. Then there would be a row about that as well.
    So please don't be hurt by this. There's no reason, it's to keep the board freindly and pleasant!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

*Kas
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Here are some of the rules that everyone agreed to before joining our board:

1. Use good judgement. The following are not allowed:

spam*
    personally attacking other users
    discussing mature subjects not appropriate on an all-ages board
    discussing religion outside of the context of holidays or AG products, or in a negative way
    showing public disrespect towards moderators

Why do we have these rules against relgious postings you may ask?

Mainly, because this is a doll board. There are many other boards meant for religious discussion and debate. Religious discussions tend to get people very heated up. We want to avoid that in our simple, doll discussions.

We do allow prayer requests and AG Holiday topics. Therefore, the Easter and Passover and Spring pictures relating to our dolls were allowed.

Our membership is very diverse and we are united mainly by our love of AG. We have Jewish, Agnostic, Christian and many other types of people with many different beliefs on this board.
    This board is an escape from political and religious debates. We advise those who want to debate these issues to join other boards.

These board rules have worked for us. It is a privately owned board, and we are able to set our own rules. We are not a public school, etc. bound by public rules. Of course, we understand that there are many who may not like our rules, and we understand if you don't want to post here.

Also, I don't want to get into discussing individual members in public. But, please remember that many things go on behind the scenes with the moderating team. We have been working on many difficult issues, and we do our best to make this board a pleasant, non-controversial place to share our love of American Girl. The moderators also do not appreciate being flamed on other public boards.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 17, 2006 06:13 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by kayakacey04:
    Could I make my signature a little bigger because you can't read the writing and you can barely see the faces? Or is it already as big as it can go because I have writing?

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ April 17, 2006 04:32 PM: Message edited by: kayakacey04 ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your picture is really small. Feel free to make it bigger. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by judiaci:
    Our membership is very diverse and we are united mainly by our love of AG. We have Jewish, Agnostic, Christian and many other types of people with many different beliefs on this board.
    This board is an escape from political and religious debates. We advise those who want to debate these issues to join other boards.

These board has rules that have worked for us. It is a privately owned board, and we are able to set our own rules. We are not a public school, etc. bound by public rules. Of course, we understand that there are many who may not like our rules, and we understand if you don't want to post here.

Also, I don't want to get into discussing individual members in public. But, please remember that many things go on behind the scenes with the moderating team. We have been working on many difficult issues, and we do our best to make this board a pleasant, non-controversial place to share our love of American Girl. The moderators also do not appreciate being flamed on other public boards.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ April 17, 2006 05:32 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can understand the not wanting to be flamed on public boards, but I assumed this was also a public board; anyone can join in and post here.

I'm good with not posting anything religious; I have tons of friends who are pagan, wiccan, and Jewish. We like each other over our religious differences, and if this board works in the same way, then I'm good. Thank you for taking the time to explain it! ^_^

*Kas

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm good with not posting anything religious; I have tons of friends who are pagan, wiccan, and Jewish. We like each other over our religious differences, and if this board works in the same way, then I'm good. Thank you for taking the time to explain it! ^_^

*Kas
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You are welcome, Kas [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cami713:

AdoreVintage, I think your's is gorgeous, your Kirsten is soo cute. Does she have silver eye, or are her eyes just striking for "no" reason. I also love the lip gloss!
    <font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ April 17, 2006 03:30 PM: Message edited by: cami713 ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The "silver eye" is just from the sunlight reflecting in her eyes... ahh I love her eyes, so pretty and bright... just like the pioneer girl I imagined her to be in Minnesota!

The lip gloss is from when I was 14 or so and decided to match her lips with my nail polish... thankfully I wasn't wearing green polish, right! *haha* [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all your help in this matter. I will be PMing people if I think their signature is way too long.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast