Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone here know what the Gotz Little Sisters dolls are like? I have seen them on ebay and I really think that Katie (the red headed one) is pretty. What are is her hair like? I assume she fits into AG clothes.
    I tried looking up some info on the internet on them, but there was very little.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Try Maria's Just Magic site...it has a lot of info on Gotz (and any other doll you might be interested in)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Susanna is a Tess. She has the cutest little face and nice, thich hair, but it is laywered and sometimes drives me crazy because I can't style it the way I want to. She fits in most AG clothes. She may not fit in current pants because their bums are a bit bigger and poor Susanna has a horrible time fitting in pants. Her feet are also comparable to PM doll feet and I have a hard time finding shoes that fit her. Susanna is a time-traveller and found in tons of pictures in my dolls album and others.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My sister has a Gotz doll (Julia), but she's a bit different from Tess. She has rooted hair instead of a wig. But we love her hair... it's great for styling. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

There are some pics of her in my sister's album. ("Meet the Dollies")

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have Lily, Tess, and Katie and adore them all! Personally I think they have the sweetest faces. The quality is great IMO--I've had mine for several years---the limbs are a bit loose, but all of their wigs are in good shape and quite easy to manage.
    I highly recommend them!!

Karla

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have Gotz Tess and Gotz Katie, and love them both. Their bodies are just like the AGs - they are a bit chubbier like the PM dolls. Their hair is very nice - I have rewigged my Tess doll because I wanted her to be bangless, but her original wig was very thick, soft and shiny. I found it to be nicer than the AGT hair. Katie's wig is less shiny and wispier than Tess's; it is most similar to my AG 22's hair. She is currently in the process of being turned into Anne of Green Gables. I love their faces and I think they are even cuter than the typical AG face mold. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Here's a pic of Tess, after her rewigging:

whitedress011

And here's one of Katie:

dollheadshots017

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I used to have the dark haired Little Sister, and I also agree that the hair was much nicer than the AG dolls. It never seems to tangle or get dry, and she was used quite a bit as a model. She was the first doll I had as a model for AG clothing, because she was all I could afford at the time.......I'm sorry now that I sold her when I got a few AG dolls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a Tess, too, whom I think is just too adorable for words. Her hair may not braid very well, but it's nice just the same. My Tess loves ponytails! And, oddly enough, I don't have problems finding clothes for her. She even squeezed into a Battat pair of jeans once. She doesn't always fit hats, though.

I've renamed her Juliana Isabel Naumann, a Jewish girl who lives in Amsterdam in the 1940s and begins a pen pal correspondance with an English girl named Emily Bennett. She had kept the name Tess for awhile, but then she told me she wasn't happy with that name.

Isabel's on the right while my 2nd Samantha, renamed Claire (a ten-year-old who copes with the disastrous Titanic sinking in 1912), is on the left.

100 0522

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you all so much for your pictures and descriptions. I am having a field day looking at them. I am seriously thinking about getting one this summer. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SaraLovesHerDollys:
    I know this may sound a bit morbid, but what did you do with the Little Sister's heads? [img]eek.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I put them on top of the other Gotz dolls' bodies, dressed them in the clothes I liked least, and gave the dolls to the local hospital auxiliary. They got dolls with a Gotz head and a Gotz body. I got the Gotz heads I wanted on AG-style Gotz bodies.

What prompted me to even begin swapping bodies was when I bought a very expensive Gotz doll, only to find that she had the weird body style wherein her body extends out to her biceps and thighs. She could not stand on her own. I wrote to Gotz, to ask if I could send her back to get the AG-style body and their customer support person sent me a very offended sounding note stating that the artist intended her to have that body. Clueless artist...

Taffy

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 08, 2006 02:01 AM: Message edited by: Taffy Cheerful ]</font>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast