Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nellie with Kaya's face mold????
    Mmmmmm Maybe with the older pictures of Nellie I could see it. Before they red-did the Samantha drawings Nellie was seldom seen with a big smile making Kaya's facemold a better match. I think Kaya has a whistful look to her, and the old Nellie pictures show a kind of sad whistful Nellie.
    I think they chose Josefina's mold and re-did the Nellie drawings to make her appear happier (though in Nellie's promise and the Ravenscourt Book I think for someone who has just been adopted into a loving home Nellie acts rather whiney and unhappy.)
    Anyway I think they did not want Nellie to come across as an unhappy doll so they wanted a mold like Josefina's. My only problem is with Nellie's eyes. I think Nellie has the deer in the headlights look, so I do not like her eyes. Popsie's Asian mold idea is interesting.

For Elizabeth I still don't know if I would like Kaya's mold. It's hard to me to imagine a Native American doll trying to look like a girl from England. I could see Kaya's mold being used for another Hispanic or even an Indian (how pretty) doll, but not for Elizabeth.
    I just hope she looks like the Elizabeth I have seen for so many years in pictures. I get so used to an idea.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont remember who talked to AG and found out that there was a chance they were using the Kaya mold, but I was curious to who they called. Did they simply talk to customer service? It really surprises me that they were willing to give even that much information. I was just curious because I am a very persistant person and if thats all it took I could call everyday until they told me for sure what shes going to look like [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Popsie, I think I know the doll you are talking about. I didn't see a picture of her but I heard about her. Is her name Anna?

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ April 09, 2005 08:16 PM: Message edited by: dolllover ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Curt no long er seems to have the mockup, and has anyone else seen scuch a thing?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Actually it is still on his site if you looke where he has the latest updates. Or here is the direct link to the Elizabeth mock-up:
    http://www.curtdanhauser.com/AG_Collecting/Liz.html

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ April 09, 2005 10:51 PM: Message edited by: linzystar ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, Anna. You heard about her?

I've never heard of any of these others ( Jess, Lea, etc.)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Linzy - I saw that about a month ago and almost had to poke my eyeballs out afterwards - EWWWWW she is scary looking. I guess I blotted the memory out.

Give me the pink and blonde version - I really do not like Kaya's face mold for anyone but Kaya.

Interesting thought though - what if Elizabeth's story revealed that she was actually a Indian girl or half Indian. Could have happened.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lieu made a valid point - Elizabeth is in the can already - I bet she is in the warehuse ready to be shipped, or will be soon. The head of CS told me that each doll has a 3 year production cycle, and I'd already heard that about Kit and Kaya. That is why I don't know if the doll of the year will be the next one or the one after. I saw her several months before Marisol came out, but I knew she was not the doll for this year.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567