Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry

I FINALLY told my mom about getting Kit for B-day, Mari Clara w/ my cash and Jess for Christmas, and there is an UP [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] and a down [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img] :
    My mom said that I can't have more than one doll a year, unless I have the money in my hands and it wasn't so sudden [img]frown.gif[/img] .
    But the good part is that I think she is right!!!!! The main reason she doesn't want me to get two dolls(three) is that SHE THINKS that I will appreciate them less!!!!!
    The thing is that...well...I think that she is sort of, SORT OF right, b/c I am used to only TWO dolls and adding three would make it to FIVE ALREADY!!!!!! Soooooo, I will end up getting Kit AND Ruthie(together) next year, and Jess this year for Christmas. Soooooo, I need help deciding what to get her!
    I already know that I will get her PJ's and her accesories but I don't know what else to spend the $100 on, so it would be VERY helpful if you all could tell me your fav. thing of Jess'.

Thanks!

Nichole [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 06, 2006 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Nichole JJ ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would definately choose Jess's pajamas! They are just way too adorable! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love her PJs and her Tree Swing!

I think you will be very happy with Jess, though if possible, you might want to ask your mom to order early to make sure that you get her and also to check her over in case you need to get an exchange before the Jess dolls are gone. Jess is a very beautiful and unique doll, but AG has had some quality issues with her. I had to get three exchanges for major problems from her wig separating to her having a body that was wider front to back than it was side to side which not only made her look creepy, but also made it impossible for her to stand on her own. This last issue is something I have also found on a #22 and a Molly doll.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love the Kayak myself. So much fun and lots of play value. The scooter is real nice too, but pretty expensive.

Polly Marie

I agree with Mary, the PJs and swing would be good purchases. [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]
    ---------And don't forget about toshi, the little green monkey in "Jess?s Travel Accessories".
    [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 05, 2006 07:12 PM: Message edited by: Polly Marie ]</font>

horselvr2

I like Jess's PJ's.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] !Bump! [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to be somewhere in five minutes so I am just [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] !Bumping! [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] it back up.

[img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You may be able to make a deal with your Mom that if she can get you the LE doll of the years, and maybe an extra outfit, you'll handle the rest.
    My fiance and I have a deal set up that is kind of similar. As of right now (until my collection gets too big) I get a doll for my birthday and one for Christmas. If I want another one any time between then (from December to September) I have to buy it wiht my own money which means money I have made from my sewing and ebay (my paycheck from work goes towards bills and such). But since he got a PDA and a DVD set for his birthday, my bithday spending limit went a little higher so I got a used PM Samantha and Jess (who should be here any minute now).
    Good luck and let us know what happens.

-Jenifer

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Nik!

I agree with everyone thus far about the PJ's--they are extremely cute & look great on our other dolls too.

My next two favorites from Jess's collection are the 2 in 1 Kayak outfit and Jess's accessories. The Kayak outfit just seems to have good value to me because you get a lot of items for the $. The accessories are cute--Toshi is very sweet.

Another idea which isn't from Jess's collection but might fit well with her theme is the Seaside Wardrobe and Beach Boots. I've been thinking about both if these for awhile and, again, with the Seaside set it just seems like you can get a lot for your money.

I think you & your Mom are smart to plan ahead for Kit & Ruthie next year and focus on Jess for now. I do agree wholeheartedly with the suggestion that you see if your mom would be willing to order Jess for you now, so that you can thoroughly examine her and make sure you like the face (did you see the thread from last week about the 2 different face molds of Jess & differences in hair thickness?) because Dec will be here before we know it! I looked at about 15 different Jess's before I found the one I liked when I was at AGPC this spring & they were all slightly different!

Keep us posted!

Katie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast