Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is it okay if I throw a temper tantrum here? I want Kit so bad and I'm having the hardest time waiting. I'm a grown woman for crying out loud and I feel like a 2 year old who was told she couldn't have any candy. My DH told me no more spending money at AG BUT he just doesn't understand how much I love these dolls!!!

I got Jess back in June for my bday from my mother and my dh and kids gave me her other things but for some reason I'm just not content!

I went and started reading all the AG stories to my dd. We check them out of the library and read them at night. Well I checked out Kit's books and fell hard for her. I just love her! I want her and her whole collection to come live at my house!

I need a plan ladies.......should I just start buying her outfits here and there and hope that my DH will buy her for me for Christmas. Or should I just tuck a little money away each month until I have enough to buy her? I'm a SAHM but I do have a small part time job at the YMCA......so I do make a little money each month. My husband just doesn't understand this new hobby of mine. He's definately more of a saver and I'm the spender.

I just needed to vent.........now I feel a little better! Any words of wisdom would be appreciated! Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Carrie (fellow Ohioan!) I'll post so you can see my triple Kit family in my avatar--you can tell DH he should be glad you only want one Kit and that some crazy lady online has 3 of them! (one is DD's but two are definitely mine!) Good luck! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I understand. I am a SAHM too and work part-time at a craft store. I want Kit too, but I want Emily even more. My fiance said I could have her, until i verified the price with him, now's he's not quite sure. His b-day is later this month and whatever he spends on himself for his b-day, he has to be willing to spend the same amount on me for my birthday next month. I struck a deal with him and siad I wouldn't buy any more fabric for a while as a way to save up for her, and he's okay with that (what he doesn't know is that Mom is sending me a wal-mart gift card fo rmy birthday so I can buy fabric there - I love their $1/$2 a yard fabric adn it's the only place I can find jersey material).
    So, anyways, my suggestion is to put some money aside to get her yourself. She'll be a reward for controlling yourself (we all that is not an easy task). [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I feel your pain! I just started collecting last year and now I have 4 dolls. Dh just really doesn't know what to make of it all...I can tell. I received Jess from my mom for my birthday in July, and she also gave me enough spending money that I purchased #24. Dh doesn't say anything negative to me about it, but he just kind of half-smiles and says "She's nice," anytime I bring home a new doll...end of discussion. He's also the saver in the family, and he thinks AG is way overpriced, so that doesn't help either.

I also started checking out all the Historical books from the library this summer, and after reading Kit's stories I want her too! I'm sort of hoping she'll end up under the Christmas tree, but I'm very doubtful. [img]frown.gif[/img] My plan is to save up a little money each month, and then use any money I may get for Christmas to purchase her. I'm trying to collect Felicity's outfits right now, so Kit's will have to wait. It might help curb the longing you now have to get some of her clothes until you have enough money to actually get her. Good Luck! I hope your Kit comes home to you soon! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tari:
    I'll post so you can see my triple Kit family in my avatar--you can tell DH he should be glad you only want one Kit and that some crazy lady online has 3 of them! (one is DD's but two are definitely mine!) Good luck! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hah! I have two Kits as well and they are in my siggy [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey that's right! I knew there was someone else around here with two Kits, aren't they too cool? [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh I love it.......women who feel my pain! Yippee.......I'm not crazy after all! Thanks for responding to my whiny post!

MaryEllen you and I sound like we are in the same boat with our DH. He pretty much has the same reaction. He is not real thrilled with them but is tolerating it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Tari:
    Hey that's right! I knew there was someone else around here with two Kits, aren't they too cool? [img]cool.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes they are!! They are even out traveling
    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

MaryEllen you and I sound like we are in the same boat with our DH. He pretty much has the same reaction. He is not real thrilled with them but is tolerating it!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">At least we can commiserate with one another!

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This may be a plan for you to consider--

Since we've all learned the awesome news that Kit is getting a movie (yippie!) you might want to try to start saving extra $$ now, so that assuming AG follows it's past patterns, you can get the 2 best friends collection of Kit and hopefully Ruthie whenever the movie comes out. In the meantime, you could buy a Kit outfit or accessory item when they are on monthly special or have extra spending money. Then you'll already have a nice assortment of Kit items whenever you do get her.

If not, then you could always hope for Christmas...

I have Kit and I will say that I adore her. I completely understand how you could want to add her to your collection asap. I'm sincerely hope she gets to join your family sooner rather than later :-)

Katie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast