Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kit Kat and Tari........I'm jealous! [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] 3 Kit dolls in one house and 2 in another!!! DH would shoot me if I started getting duplicates! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Someday I will get my one and ONLY Kit! I'm going to start making my wish list and sticking it in my DH underwear drawer, briefcase, desk, etc.....We have an anniversary in Sept so maybe he would get me my Kit doll instead of a fancy dinner and flowers. I'm going to start leaving some serious hints.....LOL! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Gomunk.........thanks for the advice and the offer to make Halloween costumes from my other post. I really need to make some more money to pay for all my doll wishes!

Katie.....thanks for the advice too! I think I am going to start buying some of Kit's accessories. I already have her retired waffle iron and I bought her camera last month when it was on special. I'd like to get her typewriter before AG changes it to some cheap plastic version. I am planning on making my Jess doll into Kit's friend Ruthie but I'm sure if they actually come out with a real Ruthie doll next year, then I'll be getting her. Some ebay sellers make some beautiful outfits from the 1930's & 40's that would look cute on Jess/Ruthie.
    I'm just going to have to be patient....which is hard for me.......thanks for your input!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A woman after my own heart!

I had a great deal of Kit's collection before I actually got my beloved Kit! She is SO worth the wait. She really is.I have two now, Kit and Margaret.

AND- I have a Jess that is Ruthie too! She looks so beautiful in that stlye of clothing! IMO, She is a perfect Ruthie until AG gives us an "offical" Ruthie doll. Even then, if they make her look all wrong, Jess will keep her place as Ruthie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kit is absolutely irresistible after you read her stories, isn't she? I love the Kit books.

We have serious Kit-longing here as well. DD wants Kit (which is keeping me from getting her now-- I may get my own later but I want DD's to be the first Kit in our house so she gets to have her special doll).

We've told her she has to be eight to get one of the dolls (after all, the catalog says for girls 8 and up) but really she's going to get her for her 7th birthday in the spring. We are surprising her with a trip to AGP-- she'll get the plane tickets on her birthday and we leave the next day. It's going to be a great mother daughter trip and I so don't want to wait!

I got Kit's meet outfit for girls on ebay and she's going to get that to wear to AGP when she picks out her Kit, but tonight she was saying she wants to be Kit for Halloween. I'm trying to convince her to wait till next year (first off, the outfit would be a bit too big for her now and second, I am supposed to wait till her birthday). DH will not budge on the waiting for her birthday and I know he is right-- her birthday is within days of Kit's so we are going to be at AGP for Kit's birthday celebration and that will be so special for her. But I keep trying to manufacture excuses to do the trip early.

Sorry-- back to the topic at hand. I would set a little aside each month and start buidling your Kit fund. I would also look around for anything you can sell on ebay. I found a couple of things I was willing to part with in exchange for AG spending money. The first sold for $60 and the other is up to $50 with several days to go. If you have any outgrown Gymboree clothes from your kids, that has good resale value. I'm surprised what old collectibles and toys can sell for.

Anyway, it helps me feel like I am actively making progress toward my goal. I also took some baby stuff to a local consignment shop and get to pick up a small check tomorrow. Every little bit helps. I'm planning to go to MCM next year so every time I get cash I put a little into my MCM fund. It's much easier to manage $5 or $10 a week than $100 all at once. One final idea-- collect all the loose change in the house! DH always dumps the coins in his pocket at the end of the day. About a year ago I collected all the change from the various places he leaves it in the house and discoverd I had over $100! All those pennies add up eventually.

Good luck!

Inactive Member AccordingToMare's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know that feeling! Recently I made up want lists to help spend my AG money on what I want the most, and it makes me realize how much I still want even though I've decided to pass on Jess. I have 11 dolls and I still want more! I still want Kaya, Josefina, Emily, 15, 21, 26 and then there's the Bitties...They're almost like potato chips, lol.

When the "gimmies" get too much, I come up with something fun to do with my exsisting dolls to remind me of how great the girls I already have are. And then they don't mind as much getting a new sister when the money does come in. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One final idea-- collect all the loose change in the house! DH always dumps the coins in his pocket at the end of the day. About a year ago I collected all the change from the various places he leaves it in the house and discoverd I had over $100! All those pennies add up eventually.

Good luck!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have to agree with this method. My Fiance does the same thing, and I stash the change to use on fabric for doll clothes. I usually only use the silver coins, and put the pennies in thier own little jar and i'll count and wrap them when it's full. I learned the "spare change" lesson right after my ex-husband and I got married, his parents gave us a 5 gallon water jug full of spare change, and there was almost $500, enough for us to pay our security deposit on our first place. The only catch was that we had to count it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I received Kit as a Christmas present after begging my parents for a doll. She is just the cutest thing ever. I wuv her. At this point, though, I would start saving up so you could get the Best Friends collection and all the other new goodies.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

agmama wrote:
    3 Kit dolls in one house and 2 in another!!! DH would shoot me if I started getting duplicates!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL, my daughter thought I was crazy when I won my 2nd one from eBay. But when I got my new Kit from AG, her hair just didn't seem right, too short! At least I thought--she's the middle one in my avatar. So I found a beautiful one on eBay that had that "Kit" look that I'd grown so used to. I had grown to love my AG Kit and couldn't have sent her back. So we like to pose them together because each one does look just a little bit different! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] (sheesh I can't type-2 edits for silly typos!)

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ August 11, 2006 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Tari ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 11, 2006 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Tari ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, Anna it was because of your beautiful Kit rooms that I got the urge to know more about her. So I checked all her books out of the library and wouldn't ya know.......fell hard for Kit!!!!

I'm getting ready to use that $10 code and I think the first outfit I'm going to purchase is her work outfit........love the overalls!!! When I was 10 years old I had a pair of overalls that I loved wearing. I'm also going to get her typewriter. A few things each month and then hopefully Kit will be under the tree come Christmas morning. I told Lydia to tell Daddy that is what I want.....so with both of us pestering him it might happen!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks muppetquilter for all your ideas! I'm going to have to go add up all the change lying around....lol

I would love to go the Madison sale next year and I'm really working on DH to take a vacation to WI next summer. I think it's possible and we would stop at AGPC for my dd 8th bday. Her bday is in July and I'm taking her there next year no matter what!

Your dd will look so cute all dressed up like Kit. What a fun memories you are making with your family!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast