Thread: Two broken AG items for Easter (ark & camera)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

HI,

We had a wonderful Easter! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Lots of family, church fellowship & Easter goodies & toys. We were blessed to be able to enjoy some sunny weather between the showers as well. The sad part in all of this was dd's brand new Felicity's Noah's Ark broke last night. She treats her toys (esp. AG ones) very gently. It was very disappointing to both of us when the entire top came off the ark in her hands & left a very ugly unpainted area where it had once been glued. Yes, dh can re-glue it & it will be "as good as new", but that memory will stay with her. This morning she brought Kit's camera to me to show me that the handle had slipped out on one side. Again, dh can probably slip it back in (I can't...I tried). This does not set well with me after the $$$ I spent for these items. Aren't they marketed for children (dd is almost 9 & very careful) & to be played with? I do not want to buy her things to sit on a shelf & look pretty when they are meant to be played with. [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

Thanks for listening to me "rant" [img]redface.gif[/img] I e-mailed AG about the ark last night. I don't want a new one, but wanted them to know I am not pleased with it breaking/falling apart. If I e-mail them about the camera they will think we are stomping on the toys. DD won't even let her brother's (5 & 2) touch them, so I know no one here broke them. *Sigh*

I don't want to end this post on a sour note, because like I said, we had a wonderful Easter. DD is planning how to earn her stars to get an AG club outfit or jacket. She received a membership for Easter & is so excited about it. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] She also is going to be rearranging her shelf to accomodate her new Felicity & Kit ornaments she received yesterday.

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Inactive Member Horse and AG lover's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry about the ark and camra breaking. [img]frown.gif[/img] Glad you had a good Easter though! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I noticed that the camera is quite fragile also... I hardly every play with it or open it. It's just one of the sets not really meant to be played with.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh its very adorable and considering it is on sale, you SHOULD get it!

But when you have to open the camera up, it makes a creaky noise as if the metal pieces are going to snap or something... I've opened and closed it successfully about 5-6 times without anything happening *crosses fingers*

You can view more pictures of it here: http://www.adorevintage.com/ag/kcamera.html

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Agh, I'm sorry your things broke! And that's terrible that the camera is such poor quality! My mom needs it (not wants, NEEDS) for Mother's Day, so I guess I'll just have to warn her to play carefully with it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HI,

Dh has fixed both broken items. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Amazingly enough the camera did not break where you open it & it "creaks" out & back. It was the handle strap on the top. [img]confused.gif[/img] I tried popping it back in, but couldn't. Dh came home & mumbled something about needing pliers. I didn't watch [img]eek.gif[/img] , but he got it back in place. The ark top just needed glue. I could have fixed that, but who knows where he keeps his glue. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I'm glad they are fixed, but now feel a little leery about ordering access. Maybe we should just stick to dolls. [img]cool.gif[/img]

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 17, 2006 10:45 PM: Message edited by: trvnbrn ]</font>