Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I forgot to watch the LIW mini-series last week! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] How is it going? what are your thoughts? I wasn't overly thrilled with the first but meant to watch it anyways. Oh well. How many weeks is it? I'll try to catch it this weekend.

I think the movies that remind me of AG are my favourite movies when I was younger and was really into AG and "old fashioned" things. They are: The Little Princess (1996), The Secret Garden (1994?), and The Sound of Music.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Molly: The Third Man - you see what Vienna looked like after the war, as it's set in 1948 I believe. Vienna was then governed by the four allied troups, taking terms on a monthly basis and you had the famous 'Four in a Jeep' patrouling the city. The film is still being shown once a week at the Burg cinema in Vienna, the oldest English-language cinema in Austria - and you can even take The Third Man tours, which include touring the Viennese canal-system.

Samantha: Finding Neverland - very recent film set in London 1903/1904 - it was beautifully made with stunning photography and great acting.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ohh, I'm going to borrow my friends Finding Neverland as soon as she is finished. I'm glad to hear anothe positive review as it didnt do to well at the box office.

I just watched Pollyanna the other day (great dvd extras btw) and the Samantha movie right after it, to keep in the theme.

Nann

ponydreamer

There are so many, I know I'll forget them!

First of all: I do remember the TV Series Home Front! I loved that show! I often wish it was still on!

Felicity: The Patriot, Last of the Mohicans, Winter of the Red Snow, and other Dear America movies.

Addy: Gone with the Wind, T.V. mini series, North and South, Little Women...I know I'm forgetting some...

Samantha: Little Princess, Secrect Garden, Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, Polyanna, Life with Father, Black Beauty, ..again, I know we have more....I collect Edwardian/Victorian movies.

Kit: Early Watons episodes, Seabsicuit.

Molly: Later Walton's episodes, Pearl Harbor, and so many others...I was raised by a WW2 Vet., ( my dad)Editing to add: We just watched the Notebook a couple of days ago. Wonderful 40's movie!

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ April 07, 2005 09:51 AM: Message edited by: Ponydreamer ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yesterday evening I was watching my new DVD "Shall We Dance" and as we've already talked about how much Marisol looks like Jennifer Lopez, I couldn't stop thinking while watching the film how much Jennifer Lopez looks like Marisol - and she's playing a dancer too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12