Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Doll price going up

AmericanGirlLover2982

Question

Lieu dont mind me asking but where did you hear this from?

Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I do not think it is a rumor, but I agree with Susan!!! Alot of people may stop buying the dolls! I have seen AGPNY where parents come and buy the dolls, many will do. But there are some who will not buy a $84 doll! One lady said, "This is too expensive honey, let's go to Toys R Us and buy a Babrie!" and they did as they left the store!

Please also do not forget taxes and shipping!!! $90 plus tax! and also shipping!!! [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] And if the paperbacks are going to be $90, I am assuming that the hardbacks will be $96 or $98???

I do know many toys are $100! but those toys that are the electronic ones, not a doll. Even boy cars who are electronic can go higher than $100.

People may do second thoughts on buying an AG, as it will cost them $100 for the doll and $24 for the outfit! I am already doing second thoughts.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I heard in on AGE. I think we are not suppose to mention names on other boards but you can go to AGE and find out who posted the information. I think it is a pretty reliable source.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Selling the doll without the book would defeat the reason for AG dolls. It would reduce them to the " just another pretty face" doll . AG should give the option of a coupon for a book at the cost of the "meet" book with doll purchase .
    This coupon could be redeemed wherever AG books are sold. This would eliminate the problem of duplicates and still promote the books . AG would make money on this because some people do forget to redeem coupons.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They actually will substitute any book you want for the Meet book - or at least they did years ago. When I got my Addy 10 years ago I had the Addy boxed set already and they sent Meet Samantha instead at my mom's request. Of course, this was back when you could only order by mail or by phone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What is the source for this information? Is it actually credible and is this actually likely to happen, or is this just purely a rumor at this point? I don't want to get worried for no reason, but I think it really stinks if they end up raising the price that much. Yeah, it's "only" ten dollars, but when the item is so expensive to begin with it seems like an awfully big jump. The dolls' price has changed so little since the beginning (weren't they $78 in the very first catalogue?), that I hope if they do raise the price, it would only be by $2 or however much the last price change was. If a doll is $90, shipping (or tax at the AGP stores...) will put the price at $100 for one doll. At least now you can get the doll and her accessories for that price. [img]confused.gif[/img] Thank goodness I am well stocked on dolls and will be buying new ones very infrequently in the future. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They won't do that with the books anymore, I tried last year. I also had the complete sets of 6 books for all 8 girls. So when the book came with the doll, I simply took it to Borders and got a store credit from them to use on other books. They took it as a return there with no problem, no questions asked. And of course, they made more money on me because my purchase was more than my gift card!

Laurie

Inactive Member americangirlsrus's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess it was inevitable that a price increase was coming. I agree a pricing of $89. would be a reasonable amount, I would guess the outfits might go up, too? Especially the ones that are $20.-$22. right now. I guess they will be recouping all those code discounts.... [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I bought Kirsten and Felicity at AGPNY last autumn, I was able to exchange the Meet books to ones we didn't have.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hate that the doll price is going up. [img]frown.gif[/img] Oh well. I'm glad I got my Kit when I did!

When I bought Kit at AGPC this past Feb. they happily traded her Meet book for her Birthday book.