Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you feel the need to be "fair" to your dolls?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, if you have more than one doll, do you ever feel the need to be "fair" when getting them outfits and stuff? If you make plans for your collections, do you see yourself getting similar amount of stuff for each of your girls?

Do you have a plan when getting AG stuff, or a rationale? Like the dolls that have been with you longer should have more stuff, or the LEs should get their collections first, or the favorites should have more things first...

lol, maybe I think too much about dolls [img]redface.gif[/img] Just think, a year ago I only have 1 and don't have this problem at all!

Katherine

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know exactly what you mean. When I was in college, I tried to switch them out every time I went home so they each got some one on one time. I also try to take turns with who gets the next new item. Samantha is and has always been my favorite girl, but I swear I feel guilty playing favorites! Samantha has more clothes than any of the others though.

Felicity_Fan85

My Felicity has the most items although it still isn't a lot. I plan on buying Kirsten's school accessories over the summer as well as the basketball outfit and a couple other AGT outfits. But I'm not really fair to keeping their collections close to the same amount. But my girls share clothes and accessories too, so they seem to be fine with it for the most part.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh my; I just have one doll (and soon-to-be two minis). Part of why I didn't buy Kit when I fell in love with her (aside from being cheap and not really having room) is because I'd feel guilty by taking away from my dear Kirsten...it seems kind of cold to not play with a doll for 15 years, and then go out and get another one. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I don't think I COULD buy another full-size doll until I have everything I want to get for Kirsten.

If I were to ever get a second doll, I think I'd try to be fair to them, but it seems pretty likely that one would get more attention than the other. I don't know if I'd feel guilty about that or not; it hasn't come up.

(I do know that back when I had a ton of MLPs I had a favorite and didn't feel guilty at all. But they were only $5 apiece at the time, and the few accessories I got were about that price too. Plus IMO they were more easily exchanged among ponies than AG historical items can travel in-between dolls of different periods. I don't think I'll be buying a girl-and-friend doll anytime soon so no sharing there either!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As far as buying things for them, no - I just buy what I like, which turns out to be pretty much evenly divided for the historical dolls. Also my AGT's share everything equally, so it's not a problem there.

I do however, find that I like to play fair with giving my dolls my time, and taking them places and doing photo shoots. My girls are very understanding about this and very generous to each other in making sure each one has equal time with Mom and in front of the camera. [img]wink.gif[/img] In fact, I had planned on taking Sofia (#25) with me to LA instead of Penelope (#15), but Sofia knew how badly Penelope really wanted to go to the opera, so she willingly, and on her own, told me she would give up her place to her sister. Now Penelope is looking for something extra nice to do for Sofia. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well...I'll admit I've felt like my thrift store darlings need some special treatment.
    Of course..My best friend Molly..always gets to go to WDW or DL so I don't think she minds if I spoil the other girls a bit.
    'Course..there's not much she doesn't have in her collection..x the table and chairs and dishes.

GreyMyst

I only buy stuff on sale, so I pick things based on what AG puts on sale, ROFL

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yup, I think I can be fair to them all. None of them have "assigned" outfits, but they all share from a common wardrobe. That's the rule, so none of them feel left out. When it comes time to change, and that happens on a rotating basis, the next doll to get changed gets the next outfit on the rack, unless there it is obvious that the color of that outfit will not work on her.

Taffy

Ashley1972

Nope, I play favorites! I admit it so go on and arrest me, Sheila! I buy historical clothing on sale and they belong to the doll I buy them for. Kailey gets ALL of the AGOT outfits and she shares with everyone else. She's the princess but she's also a sweet sister.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I try to be fair. If one historical gets her PJs - they all have to get their PJs. If one gets a school dress - they all get a school dress. It's crazy! Like they would know the difference, LOL!
    This has been possible because for a long time we only had 3 historicals - Felicity, Kirsten and Sam. Now, we also have Elizabeth and Nellie. Fortunately, we have many of the core outfits for the older dolls so it is not as hard to be "fair."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast