Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you feel the need to be "fair" to your dolls?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not really, as I buy what I like. I do try to get PJs for all of the girls, but I must admit that if something Molly or Kit is retiring, I will get that before Josefina's or Elizabeth's or Kirsten's nightgown. Molly does get the most, but Molly was my first and is still the most treasured doll in this house. I do try to give them all equal time, though...whether they hang around the house with me or go on trips with me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been in a pickle as to how to handle my collection for some time. Right now, I try to make sure everyone has an outfit for every season (which can sometimes get out of hand with 17 dolls!) Some of the today's also get a few 'extras' like Halloween outfits. Each outfit I buy belongs to someone specifically. Generally, they do not share outfits.

I only focus on collecting the entire collection for Josefina and Kit. I only get what I like for the other historicals. Generally if all the seasons are covered, I'm satisfied, and otherwise I only collect for the historicals as things retire.

I'm probably crazy, but I keep a master Excel spreadsheet with each doll I own, and what outfits I plan to own for them for each season, and who will get 'extras' and what those extras are. I do like this spreadsheet, because it gives me structure, and keeps me from just buying everything I see and end up with things that are cute but no one will ever wear!

I've felt my collection is a bit overwhelming, and I've thought about selling everything except the two historicals I'm focusing on, and my LE's. Once I've completed these collections, add one girl at a time finishing before moving on. Hubby thinks I'll regret doing this, so he's encouraged me to keep all my girls for now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I confess to playing favorites. Addy trumps Naomi, because she's extremely special, and she'll always be my special one. Oh, well; Naomi will just have to understand.

13Pumpkins

Originally posted by AG4Alison:
    I'm probably crazy, but I keep a master Excel spreadsheet with each doll I own, and what outfits I plan to own for them for each season, and who will get 'extras' and what those extras are. I do like this spreadsheet, because it gives me structure, and keeps me from just buying everything I see and end up with things that are cute but no one will ever wear!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not crazy, just well organized! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

I've felt my collection is a bit overwhelming, and I've thought about selling everything except the two historicals I'm focusing on, and my LE's. Once I've completed these collections, add one girl at a time finishing before moving on. Hubby thinks I'll regret doing this, so he's encouraged me to keep all my girls for now.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Smart husband. Listen to him!

I actually try to be fair. I get stressed sometimes that I am not being fair. Some dolls are pushier than others. But when my boys got their new clothes, they all got them togther. When my girls got new clothes, Fermina, Molly & the #4 twins, all ended up with them. I want to make sure that all my kids have equal clothes!

[img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a funny, little thread. I think I was subconciously trying to be fair to all the dolls and that is why I am attracted to the LEs. It is easy to get their entire collection. That is also why I haven't bought any additional historicals other than Nellie and Elizabeth. With Nellie and Elizabeth, they are just an extension of the Sam and Felicity collections and they don't have as many clothes and accessories to get. With 17 dolls, it would be very hard to be fair. [img]eek.gif[/img]

13Pumpkins

Originally posted by judiaci:
    With 17 dolls, it would be very hard to be fair. [img]eek.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I've got over 17 dolls, and it is easy to be fair! I'm to broke to buy any of them anything! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    They are so good. They tell me they'd rather have a new friend than stuff. Which is good.... [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

AmericanGirlLover2982

I try to be fair as possible to all my girls but it very hard. Right now Jess is getting the post attention because she is LE doll and I'm trying to buy all her things. So she is getting the most attntion right now.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I do feel the need to be fair sometimes. Like if one doll is neglected, then I will get them something before buying a new doll. Like my Molly's socks were all ruined from storage and I couldn't find any hairbows. So when I ordered Elizabeth, I had to also order the Molly's shoes set and hairbow set for her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes I try to be fair or else Susanna will pout! If someone gets a birthday present one year, they won't get a Christmas present. They won't get any presents until the next Christmas. I try to rotate who gets presents. Unfortuneately, with all the retirements lately, when I get Molly, she might have more stuff than Susanna which will not make Susanna happy at all. I also have a small Josefina collection and no Josefina!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All of my dolls share all their outfits, but they do "belong" to a specific person most of the time. I usually buy things for the newest doll I have, but occasionally (like if I pick out a historical dress) it goes to someone else. I tended to spoil Marie for awhile (because she's a princess and was my only AGT for 2 or 3 years) but now it's pretty much evened out. Since I get a new doll every year they all pretty much have the same amount of clothes, except for Kira who doesn't wear her historical stuff much and just steals everyone else's clothes. I also like to buy stuff for Kit and Kat as they are our spoiled little twins. But I try to be fair. Everyone's favorite outfits to steal are Josefina's.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast