Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know I'm WAY ahead of the game, but I was just wondering who thinks they know who the next friend doll is. I'm hoping it's Kit's or Addy's. I was reading Kit's meet book while waiting for Lindsey and was pondering on the next friend doll. I don't seem to care much for Elisabeth, and I haven't seen Emily doll, so I'm going into the future now. It's nice to imagine what's next with these dolls! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    P.S. I want my Lindsey!!! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The underlying question is just how many films is Julia Roberts prepared to make. I thought she had signed on to make three. The "friend" doll is a direct spinoff of the movie, so depending on which movie is scheduled, that will determine who is to be the next friend doll.

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The movies/friend dolls seem to make quite a bit of money. I'm sure AG will make more after they finish up with the contract they have with Julia Robert's company (which was for just the three, but from articles, Kit's was the third, not Molly).

I know many people hope Kit is next, and as much as I want Ruthie, I really hope one of the girls of color is next. Preferably Addy. Doing 4 white girls before any of the girls of color would just be very odd of them. Regardless of how well Addy, Josefina, or Kaya sell. They're not making them sell any better by having them just sit on the sidelines watching the other girls get all the hype. Lissie seems to be selling all the better, and I'm sure Addy (or one of the others) would as well.

I'm hoping there won't even be a friend doll next year (or the one after), in exchange for an all new historical [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] ! Going by their past new dolls, the first 3 books would come out one year, and the next 3 the year after. I'd assume this would mean a stop for the friend dolls for 2 years.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I want Josefina to be next, and I want them to rerelease her piano!!!
    Sarah

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would love to see them do Addy, her stories are so adaptable to a movie. Kaya's stories are really good too, and would make an interesting movie. Plus Kaya needs some new stuff.
    ~Annie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think all of them would make really great movies. I think Kit would make a really good movie. And Kirsten. And Addy...and all the rest! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

prasnlrd

Originally posted by cami713:
    ---I know many people hope Kit is next, and as much as I want Ruthie, I really hope one of the girls of color is next. Preferably Addy. Doing 4 white girls before any of the girls of color would just be very odd of them. Regardless of how well Addy, Josefina, or Kaya sell. They're not making them sell any better by having them just sit on the sidelines watching the other girls get all the hype. Lissie seems to be selling all the better, and I'm sure Addy (or one of the others) would as well.-------------
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">EXCELLENT and WELL-STATED!!!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It would be very nice to see Addy next, but I'm almost afraid that AG would make the rich girl (I'm sorry; I forgot her name) Addy's friend instead of Sarah. Obviously, Sarah is Addy's best friend, but the rich girl would have long flowing curls and MUCH nicer things (Sarah had to put newspapers in her shoes in the rain, right?). And of course if all the other dolls have beautiful clothes and then they come out with an African-American doll in rags, there would be trouble. Unless Sarah has a dramatic turn into wealth in the short story books (or the non-existent movie) I don't know how they'd handle her...

Kit seems a pretty obvious choice, given her popularity and her very clearly defined best friend. Addy is possible, just tricky (though of the books I've read, I think she'd probably make the best movie, since hers seemed to me more of a coherent story like a novel, and not so much isolated adventures than some of the others). Josefina would be my longshot pick (mostly because I'm not sure her best friend--or at least the only one that seemed to be her age in the books--would be very popular). Kirsten is about the least likely IMO, since she really doesn't have an actual "best friend" her age (IMO it would be a bit contrived to use Mary, who plays such a small role and (spoiler!) moves away at the end of the 6-book series [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

I like Kit, but I agree, I'd rather see someone whose sales are lagging get a movie, than someone who doesn't need it at all. And yes, some multi-culturalism in the movie line is sorely needed. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really do like Kit a lot but I agree about the next doll being non-Caucasian, and I think Addy is the most popular of the 3. I'm not sure if they'll do Kirsten or not, her movie would look alot like Little House.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really hope it's Addy too. As cami713 said, it would be unfair to have 4 caucasian dolls in a row. Not only that, but Addy's older than Kit. She shouldn't be bumped to the side so much for the "new girl"! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast