Thread: Anyone have a doll with a slight head tilt?

rolloverrover

My #24 (Sophie) has a very slight head tilt. Does anyone else have a doll like that? It's certainly not a big enough deal for me to send her back, and it even gives her a bit of character, but I was wondering if there was a home remedy for this.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nan, is it the whole head? If so, you can untie the strings in the back of the neck, tilt the head straight up and retie the strings.

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ April 20, 2005 06:09 PM: Message edited by: AGTeacher ]</font>

rolloverrover

Sounds like brain surgery to me, but I will try it later. Thanks. [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It might be because the stuffing was insufficient or that it was tied on crooked. If the former, just stuff in some more polyfill stuffing. I have a Berenguer doll with that problem and I know it is because she is not sufficiently stuffed...

Taffy

rolloverrover

Thanks, Taffy, for your input too. I'm a little scared to attempt this for fear I'll do nothing more than make it more pronounced, and especially since her head tilt right now isn't that bad. I'm going to try to muster the courage ...!

rolloverrover

I just performed "head tilt" surgery, and it was actually very easy and painless for Sophie and me! She just needed a little adjusting and now everything is on the straight and narrow! Thanks for the help.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think that I must be too tired. I have been working on making ornaments for next Christmas. I am making 16 sets of the 12 Days of Christmas. I am doing the embroidery now and then when my Embroidery goes in the shop for a checkup, I will sew them together. I hope to get the first 32 done before next week.
    Anyway, when I read the topic of the tilting head, I was thinking that maybe she is hard of hearing and trying to listen better. I will get more sleep tonight!

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Addy that I got for Christmas has this too. She also seems over-stuffed to me, rather than under-stuffed, because her body seems too hard to me. I've been considering opening her neck and either moving some stuffing around or taking some out, or both. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I also am a little loathe to be messing around with my new doll--she still has her hair net on and I haven't taken her hair out yet. All of this from the person who has no trouble with taking apart other people's dolls, or fix-up dolls, for cleaning. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Joy

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ May 07, 2005 05:01 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Janie3082

My Felicity has a slight head tilt. I don't mind though, cause it makes her look even cuter when she's standing on my desk. She looks thoughtful and a bit shy, but I think it only adds to her charm. [img]smile.gif[/img]

HB Forum Owner felicityprincess04's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Marisol has a tilting head. When I look at her her head looks slightly tilted like shes thinking or something. I don;t know what it is.