Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm thinking of getting Felicity's bed with this free shipping code that works. How does everyone that has it like it? Might I be able to fit 2 dolls in it? Thanks!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's really nicely made. It's MDF like all the furniture, so you have to be careful as it breaks easily. This is a composition product. Given it's fragile long pieces, consider keeping it on a shelf or table, not on the floor, where one trip and you've got expensive splinters.

I am not fond of the red check, myself. I'd prefer it be in neutrals. No biggie - I discovered matlesse placemats and a lace table runner that fit it perfectly [img]smile.gif[/img]

The only bed that fits two dolls is Kit's, and it could fit three, in a squeeze.

It's all personal taste, with these beds - they're all well made, from what I've seen. For durability, sturdiness, and usefullness ( because it does sleep multiples) I like Kits the best.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Popsie! I was beginning to wonder if anyone even had Felicity's bed - LOL! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

We already have Kit's bed, so maybe we should just stick with it. It will fit 3 in a pinch. We've already had to fix on it cause it came from ebay all messed up (which I didn't know till it got here right before Christmas [img]graemlins/grrr.gif[/img] ) I would hate for something to happen to Lissie's bed cause it would have to be down on the floor.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love Felicity's bed, it's just beautiful. But Popsie is right, the floor would not be a good place for it. I'm sure you could squeeze 2 dolls in it if you really need to, it's no smaller than any of the other beds.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Smile

I have an old PM Felicity bed, and I have to say, this is one of the things that's definitely worth getting Pre-Mattel. When I went to AGPC, I saw Lissie's bed and was frankly shocked. My Lissie's bed (which, BTW I think is probably one of the very very earliest ones) is much darker wood, and weighs so much that I couldn't really pick it up until I was at least 12 years old. It's extremely heavy. My Lissie's table and chairs are nowhere near as heavy as her bed, which makes me think that my bed is probably in one of the first ones they made. It's gorgeous, and I love it, but I would definitely recommend getting a PM one. The new ones just look cheap to me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have Felicity's bed, but I am ashamed to say that it is still in its box! Maybe I will bring it out in the fall when the movie comes out.

We use Kit's bed all the time, especially since it fits 2 dolls. Very practical (and also fairly heavy) and a fun piece of furniture.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also have a very old version of Felicity's bed. I've not seen the new ones, but this one did have to be assembled. But once it was assembled it has not fallen apart and it's been 10+ years, I believe. I used to sit, not sleep, two of the dolls in the bed and pretend they were up having a slumber party.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am not fond of the red check, myself. I'd prefer it be in neutrals.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't have problems with the checks themselves, my problem is the color choices. They didn't have that color of red back then because analine dyes weren't invented until the 1840's, and that's the only way you can get that bright bright red. It would have been a much more earthy red and combined with a more dark beige instead of the white. And the checks are too big also, they should have gone down a size. Or it might have even been indigo blue, that was very popular.

But other than that I adore Felicity's bed. I'm eventually going to make the Tolly canopy bed into Felicity's and do the proper shade of checked curtains on it. Already have the fabric picked out at Hobby Lobby, just no time to make it right now. Someday I'll get the real thing and the Tolly bed will become Elizabeth's.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love Lissie's bed. My dd is getting it for Christmas, but it's already assembled and hidden away, because of a free shipping code and club discount combo... [img]redface.gif[/img]

We went to Colonial Williamsburg for spring break, and this bed looks just like some of those we saw there! I have pictures of one that had solid red curtains(same color as Lissie's) and another that had a different color checks. The colors, and combinations of colors they used in colonial times were bright and wild! (The Wythe house is a perfect example) So if AG made a mistake here, it was in copying CW's mistakes. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Our Lissie bed is going to have to go on the floor, but like our other AG furniture, I was worried about it getting stepped on, too. I'm constructing a "room" of sorts around it, so that there will be no chance of it getting stepped on.

Keeping it from becoming a [img]graemlins/cat.gif[/img] bed, however, may be a tougher task! [img]eek.gif[/img]