Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A few weeks ago, I dropped my childhood Kirsten off at the AGPNY hospital to have her eye fixed. As weird as it sounds, it was a hard decision for to send her away. I knew the risks, but I didn't like the way her eye looked. Needless to say, it was a long 3 weeks before I got her back so I was very relieved when she finally came home. But my feelings were mixed once I opened her box. I was very happy that they didn't replace her head or her body. Her eyes were a little darker blue than I remember, but very pretty. Of course they used a plastic tie for her neck. I wasn't happy with that, but I can live with it as her head is very secure, where as before, it was a little loose. Also, it took me a couple of days to realize that they had cut her bangs. At first, I was really mad that they did that, but she does look cute. Her bangs are out of her eyes now.

Now to the part I can't live with. Kirsten came back with a blue mark on her middle finger. When I saw this, I was very upset. I want to call the hospital to complain, but I don't think they could do anything. I don't want a new doll or a new limb, just my Kirsten without this mark.

So over the past week, I have probably spent over an hour scrubing the hand off and on with baking soda and a magic eraser. I think the mark has gotten smaller and lighter, but it is difficult to scrub because of the location. The mark is about 1\4" long and about the thickness of a marker line. My question is should I try to Oxy 10 next or just order the Remove Zit. Is it worth ordering the Remove Zit?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And I forgot to add. Where can I find Oxy 10? I was at Target last night and couldn't find it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been using Oxy 10 on Felicity, who had gotten a set of mysterious black marks on her hand that looked like marker. I'm not sure how she got them, but they're there! The Oxy 10 is working really well. The large mark was very dark and is now almost gone, the smaller mark is now too light to really see. I've been applying it once a day for about a week and a half now. It's slow going, but it does the job. I've heard Remove-Zit just takes cares of stains faster. ^^ I got the Oxy 10 at Walmart, in the skin care aisle among the other acne products.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The doll hospital doesn't cut a dolls bangs. Sounds like they gave her a new head. Are you positive that this is your Kirsten? I don't want to upset you but your doll did come back with 3 things wrong: the plastic neck tie, blue mark on her hand, and cut bangs. I would be on the phone asking for an explanation.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, that doesn't sound right to me either. Although it's not THAT hard to buy your own replacement cording and remove the plastic neck tie. Cutting the bangs, however, reduces the value of the doll and that's unacceptable! (Even if you never ever plan to sell, AG should not be decreasing your doll's value!)

If you ARE sure it's your doll, and you wind up not sending her back, then you can use any product that has Benzoyl Peroxide. 10% (like Oxy 10) is probably best, but I used Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Treatment which only has 2.5% and it took off a tiny stray pen mark in a day's time.

http://www.juliestudio.com/kirsten/041906.html

But you might leave it on for now, as evidence, if you think there's a chance you'll send her back.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Molly went in for a silver eye replacement and her bangs go into her eyes to the point that they won't open all the way and they didn't cut them in the slightest (wish they would have!) I agree that maybe you got the wrong doll back...yikes!

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am sure that I didn't get a new Kirsten head. Other than her bangs, her hair is exactly the same and she has the same light colored lips. I have been pretty upset about the way she came back, but like I said what can they do for me. I don't want a new doll and I really don't want to send her away again. It was too hard the first time. I am glad that her eye was fixed, but I am not sure if it was worth it, given the state she came back in.

I think that I may go ahead and order the remove zit. With 4 other dolls around, it may come in handly again. Until than, I will just try to spend some extra time with Kirsten until I feel better.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Before ordering anything, I'd try the Oxy10--it's an acne lotion, usually located in the skincare aisle at Target, Walmart, and drugstores like CVS. It's only about $4 a bottle, and will last for years of ink-marked dollies! [img]smile.gif[/img]