Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by vicky94:
    What would also be cool is if they made a pointe shoes care kit with toe pads, tape, and all that stuff. But, sadly, Mattel has disappointed me once again. [img]frown.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thats what I wanted! When the Swan Lake came out, I think I was around 12 or 13 and starting pointe. I actually taped my dollies toes to match me! But I guess they figure most 10 year olds dont start pointe for another year or so, so they wont bother with that stuff. They wouldnt know how to use it anyway. I loved how Marisol had an ace bandage though!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it would be a lot like a costume for a romantic ballet. A lot of people are saying it would be better if it had an attached leotard, but in any of the "real" ballets I've danced in or see costumes for, there aren't leotards attached. Classical Tutus usually have attached briefs , and romantic tutus are usually worn with bloomers.

As for colored pointe shoes- sure. You can die them any color, and many times this is done.

MickeyFan

Yes, it does. I think the look they were going for is the Romantic Tutu. You can find this style by looking at tutu.com. This website is a professional site where you can learn how to make ballet costumes professionally. One of my friends is one of the teachers in their seminars [img]smile.gif[/img] She is a professional costumer and has cerated her own line of dancewear. My daughter wore one similiar to this when they performed Don Quixote. I think it is hard to make the shoes look like pointe shoes since AG doll toes can't point. I've made some doll ballet costumes professionally and the shoes always come out nice, but still no exactly like real pointe shoes.

I agree with Skittl. Professional ballet costumes have a separate tutu. They are never attached if it is professionally made. The shoes can also be dyed any color and sometimes you can pre-order them a certain color.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 01, 2006 06:15 PM: Message edited by: MickeyFan ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12