Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you did a great job, she looks good as new....no one would ever know that was not her original wig....wish you lived close by...lol

Mary

AmericanGirlLover2982
    Wow you did I wonderful job. She gorgous very good. I love it. She looks like she jsut came from the American Girl Showroom in 1989.

Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

AmericanGirlLover2982
    Wow you did I wonderful job. She gorgous very good. I love it. She looks like she jsut came from the American Girl Showroom in 1989.

Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your Samantha looks like new. Great job sewing on the missing hair. Wish it was so easy to do that with us too. I know you can get extensions, but they do grow out, that doesn't happen with dolls [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My Samantha is jealous. SHE wants hair like that! She's not as old, though, so her hair is still in good condition. Not like she thinks so. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is absolutely amazing! I have a 91 Samantha in bad need of hair repair, but I do not want to replace the whole wig (keeping her original). I'm really glad that you shared this with us all. Thank you!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

WOW! Can you come to my house and fix my girls? You did an amazing job! Congrats!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by judiaci:
    It was a bit creepy to see Samantha's head only with the hair soaking in the vase!!! [img]eek.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed. [img]wink.gif[/img] Very interesting album - I'm continually amazed by how creative/talented/resourceful the people on this board are. Thanks for sharing!

- Becca

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow! That was awesome. She looks gorgeous. What kind of store did you find the wig at? I've looked in the yellow pages but haven't had any luck. I was thinking of a place that has supplies for making ceramic/porcelian dolls. I need to rewig a doll and can't decide from the websites what to order. I'd love to see some in person before I buy. You really did a wonderful job! Thanks for the pics.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by vew-tori:
    Wow! That was awesome. She looks gorgeous. What kind of store did you find the wig at? I've looked in the yellow pages but haven't had any luck. I was thinking of a place that has supplies for making ceramic/porcelian dolls. I need to rewig a doll and can't decide from the websites what to order. I'd love to see some in person before I buy. You really did a wonderful job! Thanks for the pics.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thank you so very much!

I was lucky that there was a store so close to me. I wanted to see the wig I bought (especially because it needed to be an exact match) so that is why I didn't buy a wig on-line. I was actually pleased with the price it was sold to me for, I was expecting much higher, but it really wasn't bad at all. I found the wig at a "doll store". They make dollhouses as well as sell collector-type dolls and they have a doll hospital as well. I am sure if you searched at www.superpages.com in your area you'd find someplace. If not, I would maybe try Treasure Island/Michaels/Rag Shop. Or if they don't have any perhaps smaller privately owned gift shops that sell dolls. Even if they don't have any wigs there they might be able to point you to a place that does. Good luck on your search!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast