Thread: Used Kaya with a Shinning Nose

Polly Marie
    Got my much awaited eBay Kaya today and fell in love with her. She was suppose to be in excellent condition-------but you know that is not always true when you receive an used item via the mail.
    One of the things that was wrong was a shinning nose. Evidently she had a fall that scuffed her nose leaving a shine mark.
    Being a new member here, I don't know if this has been posted----a pencil eraser rubbed across the spot took the shine off and now my Kaya is healed!
    A very happy Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awesome!! Welcome to the board! Sorry, I missed your first post. Tell us about your collection!

13Pumpkins

[img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] Will try that one! Welcome. Your first post was about the prismacolor markers on dolls yes, wasn't it? I'm considering actually trying it.

13Pumpkins

Oh, what kind of eraser was it? White, pink??

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 09, 2006 05:29 PM: Message edited by: *The*Paranoid*Pumpkin* ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the tip. Magic Eraser works great for that too.

Polly Marie

I actually used both a white eraser and a regular pink topped pencil eraser. It works like a very-very fine sandpaper. I haven't bought the magic eraser but intend to buy it for marks on vinyl.
    I'm a adult doll collector who have been into Gene, Tonner, CED dolls but mainly Cissy dolls. A few months ago I bought a eBay Molly doll and WOW! Something happened!
    My former fashion dolls had been used mainly for their display appeal and not the play factor. American Girls had history plus scene setting accesories. I've enjoyed this board SO much and am actually playing with my AG girls:
    2 Molly dolls (1 pm & 1 mattel)
    1 pm Addy
    1 mattel Josefina
    1 Jess
    1 early Kit
    1 worked over mattel Felicity(tried making her into Emily, but not working with those turquoise eyes!)
    1 recent purchased early Kaya
    2 Battat & tollytots turned into boys
    All my dolls have been bought used except for Jess. I really enjoy their play appeal. I've bonded so well with these dolls that I have influenced two of my grown daughters. They dug out AG dolls that had been stored away and dressed them up.
    Polly Marie