Thread: Slightly OT: My new girl on the way!! (non-AG)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw this Gotz doll last week in a different auction used, and fell head over heels in love with her; but I let the auction pass since it was hubby's 30th birthday and I didn't feel right getting myself a new doll on *his* special birthday! After the auction closed, I was sad, and found myself looking at the old auction page frequently. I searched the Gotz website high and low to identify the doll, and finally did as 2003 Handcrafted doll "Madeleine". I swore if she ever came up again, I'd bid, not expecting to ever see her. Guess what? There she was tonight! I emailed the seller and they were VERY generous giving me a BIN price less than half of original retail!! I did a dance, and here she is:

Madeleine1Madeleine2

She is my very first non-AG doll! I can't wait to get her, and I'll post more pics when she arrives! Thank you for letting me share!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Wow, congratulations! Now I love her [img]eek.gif[/img] . Aaah! She's beautiful!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Aww, she is a cutie! What a sweet face she's got! Congrats on your new darling <3

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am not usually a fan of non-ag dolls, but she is really capturing my attention! What a sweet face! Those cheeks!! awwwww, you're so lucky!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks, guys! I have never in the past ever thought of purchasing a non-AG doll, but she caught my heart. Best of all, she's 19" tall, and I think will blend very well with my AG collection! She can even wear their clothes, except I think her feet are a bit bigger. She is the stepped up version of the Gotz Sarah from Sarah's world; same face mold. Her only drawback is she is entirely vinyl, not stuffed in the middle!

I got tipped over the edge reading the recent posts about everyone's non-AG dolls, so I realized it might be okay to deviate *once* (just once? [img]wink.gif[/img] ). My mom has never really been crazy about my AG dolls, but when she saw this girl she melted all over her. That kinda helped do me in too!

I know she won't appeal to everyone, but I'm excited about her! Yippie!

-D

monimarine

She is very cute! Congratulations! I like her outfit! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]