Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Question

I have a PM Josefina's, and I have a question about the hair on other Josies. The front half of her hair is actually rooted, and not a wig. Also, her hair is about two or three inches shorter than the current Josies. I love my Josefina, but I was curious as to whether or not other Josefina's had the rooted hair as well.

GreyMyst

Originally posted by mayergirl:
    I love my Josefina, but I was curious as to whether or not other Josefina's had the rooted hair as well.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm curious about this too. I am buying Josefina as a christmas present for my cousin because she looks EXACTLY like her. I want to make sure I get her the rooted version since she's only 7 and will be playing with the hair ALOT.

Also does the rooted hair hold up worse, the same, or better than, the wig?

Edited for correcting tons of spelling errors

<font color="#051E50" size="1">[ May 12, 2005 06:20 PM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Josefina's hair is not rooted. I know what you mean, because the front of the wig is made differently from the back, and it doesn't have the "rows" of sewn-in hair. But the hair is NOT actually rooted into Josefina's head. It's still a wig; the hair is just attached to the wig in a way that makes it look more lifelike. My Kailey doll has the same type of wig - the hair is rooted into the wig in front and sewn on in rows in the back. It's just a way to make the wig less noticeable from the front, since these dolls don't have bangs or a sewn-in part to help cover the hairline. I haven't noticed that there is much difference in the way the front part of the wig holds up as compared to the back.

Oh, and my Josefina is from 2004, so I suppose all the Josies have the same type of wig.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll ditto what Katie148 said. My DD's Josefina is from 2004, and her hair is not rooted.

GreyMyst

Originally posted by Katie148:
    It's just a way to make the wig less noticeable from the front, since these dolls don't have bangs or a sewn-in part to help cover the hairline. I haven't noticed that there is much difference in the way the front part of the wig holds up as compared to the back.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, so it's just rooted to the front piece of the wig, like the "skin" parts on human wigs?

I have a (human) wig made the way I think you are trying to describe. It has hair rooted into what looks like strong latex in the front along the part, attached to the mesh wigcap.

That's good if they all have that front. That way I can just order on the website at the last minute ^_^

GreyMyst

[quote]Originally posted by GreyMyst:
    Originally posted by Katie148:
    [qb]It's just a way to make the wig less noticeable from the front, since these dolls don't have bangs or a sewn-in part to help cover the hairline. I haven't noticed that there is much difference in the way the front part of the wig holds up as compared to the back.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, so it's just rooted to the front piece of the wig, like the "skin" parts on human wigs?

I have a (human) wig made the way I think you are trying to describe. It has hair rooted into what looks like strong latex in the front along the part, attached to the mesh wigcap. It's still rooted, only it's rooted to the wig and not the head. If that's not it, then I am REALLY confused.