Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

... convincing my mom that she needs an AG. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] I've already had her pick out her favorite one (#3) and a name for it (Leah). Any pictures or "advice" would be appriciated. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

13Pumpkins

Good luck!
    Who's #3?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

# 3 is the one with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are there any accessories your mom would like? I could probably make my mom get Kit because of the accessories (she's a real journalist and is enchanted by the typewriter and camera) but I know she'd never have any fun with her, and she has too much stuff the way it is.

Felicity_Fan85

I'm giving my mom PM Sam next moth. I just don't like having to tell her that her present is an "it" but I don't want to give it away. My mom has brown hair and eyes like Sam, so I hope she likes her!

Accessories and outfits are good to look at.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never would have thought of buying a doll for myself even though I loved dolls. I even gave all of my beloved childhood dolls to my own daughter. I then enjoyed playing with her and was just happy that she liked the dolls too. I was impressed with the quality of the AG dolls that my dd received and loved to hold them, but still never considered one for me.

When my dd was about 9 years old, the AG of Today dolls came out. She dragged the catalog everywhere and loved to sit with me and name the dolls. One day, she asked me which one I liked best. I pointed to the one that looked the most like I did when I was a child. It was just for fun and I had no idea that my dd would take this information to my husband. At first, he was reluctant to buy me a doll, but my dd insisted. Then my husband agreed as he thought that the doll might be a chance for me to reparent myself.

To this day, that doll is one of my most precious gifts. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

In summary, don't ask your mom, because us moms are used to giving and not very good at buying unnecessary things for ourselves. If your mom has gone so far as to look at the dolls and actually choose her favorite, then I believe she will be thrilled to receive a doll as a gift. Coming from you will make it even more special. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

The only accessory that is a must would be a hairbrush as I am sure that will be one of the first things your mom will want to do. [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 19, 2006 11:13 PM: Message edited by: MaryCarly ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MaryCarly:
    If your mom has gone so far as to look at the dolls and actually choose her favorite, then I believe she will be thrilled to receive a doll as a gift. Coming from you will make it even more special. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I would love to get it for my mom, but I don't exactly have that much money. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]
    We weren't actually trying to get her to buy it for herself, we were trying to get her to put it on her Christmas list (a little early, I know). I was thinking that my dad, my sister and I could all contribute to get it for her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Every Mom needs a doll!!!
    (Just my humble opinion,of course) [img]wink.gif[/img]

I love my dolls.
    My girls gave me my Molly back in the early '90's and she's been my good pal ever
    since.
    I know she'll be delighted with your gift and who know..It may just multiply!
    My other three dollies came from thrift stores.
    They were very cheap..but of course..I've taken to spoiling them.
    [img]eek.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

All of you surprising her for Christmas would be wonderful. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I would go ahead with your plan unless your mom comes up with something else that she really wants before Christmas. If she won't make a list or if her list is all practical things, I think that you should still get the doll. It would be such a nice memory for all of you.