Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

We have a Josefina that suffers from bubble eye. She also has had a haircut from a previous owner. I've read before that bubble eye is a covered fix and that they usually replace the whole head unless you ask them to replace the eyes only.

I don't care if she gets a new head because she is a Mattel and the haircut.

Which do you think they will do???? Just the eyes or the whole head.

Also, this will be our first time sending a doll to the hospital. To make sure they leave the long neckstrings in place I'm just suppose to put a note on her torso with elastic or something, right????

Thanks Ya'll!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 26, 2006 04:11 PM: Message edited by: 3castles ]</font>

GreyMyst

It really depends on what dolly doctor you get. Ive heard stories where people only got eyes replaced, and whole heads.

I sent in Kirsten for silver eye, and she got a whole new head despite her haircut. I had planned to rewig her anyway, so I didn't leave a note or anything because I didn't care either way.

If you want the strings, yes you will need to write a note and attach it to the doll or the order form. They've always followed my instructions and I always just put the note stapled to the order form. Of course again, YMMV

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Standard treatment for silver eye is a head replacement...

Taffy

thepidget

What's bubble eye?

GreyMyst

Originally posted by thepidget:
    What's bubble eye?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I saved this from an ebay auction. I hope the seller doesn't mind, but her picture was one of the best and clearest ones of the condition I've seen

hpim36214ve

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have sent in 2 dolls for silver eye in the last 2 months and they both came home with new eyes only. I was hoping for new heads.

Lara

GreyMyst

Originally posted by Lara423:
    I have sent in 2 dolls for silver eye in the last 2 months and they both came home with new eyes only. I was hoping for new heads.

Lara
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They have no problem putting new heads on dolls that don't really need them. From what I've seen though if it's wrecked or cut hair, it's often "eyes only". It also really seems to depend on which doctor you get too though. [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks Ya'll.

I think I'll just send her in and hope for the best!

Thanks Again!