Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got my "sale package" yesterday--the one I ordered because of the free shipping code.

I ordered:

Kit's Christmas outfit
    Dress form
    and a couple more purple leotards for my niece's dolls(price too good to resist!)

The Christmas outfit is very cute, and a lot of pieces for only $17--including SHOES! (love outfits that include the shoes!) [img]smile.gif[/img]

The dress form looks very nice, but I measured the waist--and it's definitely a Mattel waistline--only 10 1/2 inches!

[img]eek.gif[/img]

So for those of us using it for the first time to sew for our PM dolls--remember to allow a little extra room for those PM figures! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's very interesting, since the sticker on mine, at least, says it was made for Pleasant Company. I'll have to measure my Kirsten and my Pegleg Sally ( [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ) later and compare.

prasnlrd

Originally posted by Kenshinchan:
    That's very interesting, since the sticker on mine, at least, says it was made for Pleasant Company. I'll have to measure my Kirsten and my Pegleg Sally ( [img]biggrin.gif[/img] ) later and compare.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">PEGLEG SALLY!!!!...LOL LOL!!! So you do have two dollies, huh? HA!

Oh...and congratulations, Robin! You sure are on a buying spree lately, weren't you on a no AG "thing" for a while...what happened??...LOSER!!!!!!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually, many things made by Mattel after the change-over from Pleasant Company were still tagged "Pleasant Company" until sometime last year (someone commented on the tags starting to read "Made for American Girl" last fall, I think).

So I'm sure it's possible for an item to have a "Pleasant Company" tag or sticker, and still be Mattel-made. But since the retired SEWING PATTERNS are for PM dolls, you'd think they'd leave the proportions of the dress forms alone so they'd still FIT the PM dolls--go figure.

[img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img]

As for YOU, prasnlrd, I was on an "Ebay" thing, as in "no buying anything off of ebay until Christmas" (Search under "Ebay Anonymous" from last fall)---which is a FAR CRY from a "no AG thing", which even I am not crazy enough to attempt thank you very much. [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

P.S. So, doesn't Keisha Joelle want to come live with Auntie Robin on the East Coast, with no Bossy Amanda to boss her around? All MY girls will be very sweet to her, and she'll have lots of blonde sisters to keep her company! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I measured (though I did a pretty poor job, having misplaced my measuring tape [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and yes, Sally's waist is only 10.5 inches or so, but that's almost exactly the size of my WB Kirsten. I hope she's not so skinny because of my earlier neglect. [img]redface.gif[/img] I'll be sure to check again for myself, once I find that stupid measuring tape.

(Interesting that they continued using the stickers after the acquisition; it's not like stickers are expensive. But I guess every .01 of a cent counts!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I noticed the dress form was thin too. So ya like Kit's Christmas outfit,huh? I've been thinking about that one myself. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] I love when they come with shoes too, as all the outfits should!
    ~Annie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mine says pleasant company too, but it is a little thinner than my PM Kirsten, I meansured.

(I probably shouldn't tell you that the other day I was making a pair of comfy pants for my AG dolls and I reached for the dress form before I realized it doesn't have legs!)

prasnlrd

Originally posted by AsianAG:
    ---------------------------------------
    As for YOU, prasnlrd, I was on an "Ebay" thing, as in "no buying anything off of ebay until Christmas" (Search under "Ebay Anonymous" from last fall)---which is a FAR CRY from a "no AG thing", which even I am not crazy enough to attempt thank you very much.

P.S. So, doesn't Keisha Joelle want to come live with Auntie Robin on the East Coast, with no Bossy Amanda to boss her around? All MY girls will be very sweet to her, and she'll have lots of blonde sisters to keep her company!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font size="10">HUGE SIGH!!!!!!!</font>...ROBIN!....I just do not know what to do with you at this point. I guess you need to see the Dollie Psychiatrist at DPS about these delusions you are having. [img]eek.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] Robin= [img]graemlins/handcuffs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/handcuffs.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]