Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning up my old AG Collection

thepidget

MaryCarly - That is an incredibly sweet story about you and your DH!! I am so glad he loves your dollies too. I think my boyfriend is just starting to understand my love for AG. [img]wink.gif[/img]

StephanieS - Welcome to HB! This board is a bad influence on us all (wait till prasnlrd tells you to Empty Out Your Bank Account!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), but it's a lot of fun to talk about dolls. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I think dry cleaning might work on your more delicate doll clothes. You might be able to use a pet hair lint roller to remove some dust from doll clothes too, if you're careful. (I haven't tried that out myself, so don't take my word for it, but it seems like it could work.) I hope you have lots of fun rekindling your enjoyment of AG. [img]smile.gif[/img]

chrstnwmn7

Hi and welcome! I don't own either of the outfits you mentioned. But, have you considered trying oxy versatile on the socks. I recently won an old bitty outfit. It was in bad shape. I soaked it in oxy versatile and laundry detergent and it looks like new. I will try to post pics tonight!!! Hope this helps you!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi! What fun to go back and realize you had all that stuff!!
    I would probably handwash the dresses or buy the home dry-clean stuff for your washing machine.

Can someone tell me what a downy dunk is??

thepidget

Kit Kat - A Downy dunk is basically hair-conditioning for dolls after you wash their hair. You pour some Downy into a baking/casserole dish and let the doll's hair soak for a while.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, OK, thanks!
    What would I wash their hair with? And if my doll's hair is really tangly, what do you recommend doing? Sorry this is getting a bit OT - you can send me a PM if you want. I really want to clean up Josi and Kira's hair.
    PS: I still would love to go up in an attic and find a ton of AG stuff!!! lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome back!! I lost interest last year too! (only lasted a year! LOL!) and I even sold some of my dolls, but I'm back and I plan to replace the ones gone and then some.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12