Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well....

I had time for 'other' things. I spend way too much time on the computer now.

I had a little money saved back!

I thought one AG for DD was plenty!

I thought a few outfits were enough!

I never before had any desire to go to AGP!

I didn't buy much on Ebay!

What else changed?????

I didn't know the value of retired AG items.

I didn't know that a not so perfect dolly could be a perfect (or almost perfect) doll.

I had no idea that the limbs were supposed to tight on AG's.

I had never heard the words Downey Dunk!

I didn't turn almost every shopping trip into an AG sized items hunt.

I didn't go to TS as much as I do now.

DD and I never made a doll album before.

We never heard of a traveling doll, much less hosted one! (We still get weird looks for that one, but who cares!)

Most of all, I never had internet friends before. People that I really cared about that I had never even met!!!!

Thanks Ya'll! You are what makes HB special to me!

[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (((((hugs)))))

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 31, 2006 08:26 AM: Message edited by: 3castles ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Before this HB I did not know about codes. Got to love the code info.

I now have all the Limited dolls.

Love the reviews on items. I will buy items recomended from this board that I would othewise not of.

Injoy that there are other adult collectors.

Love the pictures. Because of the pictures I spend more time on the board then other games I used to play. I think most of the fun here is looking at all the pictures of our dolls. I am amazed at some of the pictures. You girls are so creative. I love the albums. Since I have now done a outside album, I know what work it takes to carry dolls and accessories to a remote site. I have only gone to the back yard. But girls that go to the beach. I am so impressed with all the work that goes into the lovely albums.

[img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/smarty.gif[/img]

joelanddeborah

Before Hostboard, I didn't even know that before 1991, Pleasant Company dolls had white bodies! Now I know ALL too well... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Before Hostboard, I thought the Today Girls were silly. Now I love them to death! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Before Hostboard, I didn't know there were so many great people out there who loved these dolls as much as I do. Now I know I'm a part of a doll-crazy group! [img]confused.gif[/img]

Before Hostboard, my savings account was in the bank. Now, it's in my bedroom in a couple dozen cute little faces. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

HB hasn't changed me. Nope, not at all. I haven't placed 8 orders in the last two months. I haven't added multiple dolls to my wish list (and I certainly haven't purchased three). I haven't gone from thinking DDs need 2 AGs to thinking 3 or 4 would not be completely unreasonable and over indulgent. I haven't convinced DH I need to go to MCM next year. DH hasn't gone from thinking DDs need 1 AG to thinking 2-3 would be okay.

And when asked his opinion on which of three AGOT I should get he absolutely didn't tell me I needed to get two!

Nope, HB hasn't changed anything around here.

(I'm not a moderator on some other board I haven't even logged onto in two weeks...) [img]wink.gif[/img]

Felicity_Fan85

I've been on HB since November and one big thing HB did was to rekindle my love for AG.

Before HB: I didn't play with felicity much because she was my most expensive doll- I just styled her hair and changed her from her meet outfit to birthday outfit and red to her a bit.

Before HB: I also had no clue about codes.

Before HB: I never really cared for Kaya or Josefina- after seeing other members' dolls, these two charmed me- I got Kaya, now I want Josie.

Before HB: I didn't know about retirements much.

Before HB: I spent a lot of myonline time working on my Petz website and playing on neopets.

Before HB: I didn't know Felicity needed so many sisters.

Before HB: I hadn't bought anything directly from AG in 8 years!

Before HB: I didn't realize I should never have gotten rid of all of my AG Mags, PC catalogues and AG club newsletters. (Luckily I just bought a 1997 catalogue from a fellow member [img]wink.gif[/img] )

ETA: Before HB: I hadn't realized Mattel took over even though I saw a thing for AG on their site when I was writing a paper on Barbie. And I hadn't known about the PM/M differences.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 31, 2006 12:14 AM: Message edited by: Felicity_Fan85 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm, changed me has HB? I guess it has made me more aware of my dolls and encouraged me to play with them more. Without HB, I never would have put up a Doll Faces album, nor would I have felt confident enough of my hobby to begin bringing a doll to work every day.

In short, HB has made me appreciate both the individual dolls and their variety....

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ALL of the above, PLUS:

Before I joined this board, I didn't know squat about how the dolls were put together. (I was almost afraid to even undress the PM Felicity I bought from ebay, for fear of "messing her up"!)

Now, I literally know them inside out!! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Thanks to what I have learned from this board, (and from various resources this board has pointed me to)
    I can now re-string, restuff, re-wig, and even re-EYE (sorry, prasnlrd! [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img] ) , and of course re-condition hair of any AG doll I care to! In just under 14 months on this wonderful board, I have earned my Dollie Doctorate, and proudly claim the title of "Dr. Robin"! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks, board! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

P.S. This has also earned some (not a LOT, but some) respect from DH, when he found that I can actually earn some $$ through my services to the board, and help fund my "habit"! [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Instead of being poor, now I'm really poor!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I honestly feel like I have a WONDERFUL group of online friends. That means more than anything to me.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by FarmhouseGirl:
    I honestly feel like I have a WONDERFUL group of online friends. That means more than anything to me.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I so agree with you! I have met (actually met in person) several wonder friends I would most likely otherwise have never known; plus I call many others of you friend even though we have never met in "real life."

Also, like Dr. Robin, I have become intimately acquainted with AG dolls from the inside out, and have no fear of rescuing poor, abused girls and making them like new again.

And lastly, I have become passionate about a hobby that fills a huge place in my life and brings me much joy.
    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 31, 2006 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast