Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by FarmhouseGirl:
    I honestly feel like I have a WONDERFUL group of online friends. That means more than anything to me.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well said. I agree. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1) Like minded friends to share love of dolls with
    2) CODES!!
    3) Retirements
    4) Enabling----being enabled and being an enabler!!
    5) MORE CODES
    6) LAUGHTER!

Karla

PS Did I mention CODES!!!!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks everyone! Your responses have been so much fun to read! As I read through your posts, I found myself mentally adding ways that HB has changed me to my original list! LOL. I'd love to hear more so keep them coming.

Originally posted by gmommy04:
    1) Like minded friends to share love of dolls with
    2) CODES!!
    3) Retirements
    4) Enabling----being enabled and being an enabler!!
    5) MORE CODES
    6) LAUGHTER!

Karla

PS Did I mention CODES!!!!!!!!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Karla,

I LOVE your signature picture! It is SUPER CUTE!!

fly-away

I wanted more outfits and less dolls, I've had something to do when I'm bored, and I can see that I won't be an idiot liking dolls when I;m an adult.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Before HB, I was going to sell Kirsten on eBay. Now I BUY things for her on eBay. [img]redface.gif[/img] I also didn't know about retirements, or the fact that Kirsten had a Plaid Dress. I certainly want a lot more stuff now!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Karla,
    I LOVE your signature picture! It is SUPER CUTE!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks so much for the siggy compliment, Mom to Jillian!! That's my cutie DGD Hannah reading to Molly last Christmas!! I got Molly's Christmas dress from a wonderful HB member----oh, another reason I love this board!!!

Karla

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm a charter member- I've been here since this board was first created. What it's done for me is given me a sense of belonging. For years, I didn't know a soul my age who was into AG. Even when I was the target age, I only knew of a few others with the dolls. All through high school, I lamented growing older and felt more and more embarassed about still being into AG, although I would never give them up.

Thanks to this board, I learned I'm not alone! I finally have peers to share my love of AG with.

I do get new AGs more often than I used to though- it's becoming annually rather than every 3-4 yrs.

thepidget

Karla, I know someone complimented you on your siggy pic before, but it really is gorgeous! And your DGD's Molly dress brings back a lot of memories for me because I remember seeing that in the old American Girls Collection catalogues.

Anyway, before HB...hmmm... Was there ever a time before HB?? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Before HB, I didn't know all the little details about AG's--retirements, wigged hair, codes, PM and WB dolls, restringing, etc.

In addition, I didn't think I would get any more dolls besides Molly. Now I want to get even more dolls for my collection! [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

But I also love that I'm "meeting" lots of other friendly people on HB. This board is a very positive and lively place to be and it sometimes cheers me up when I feel down. It also makes me happy to know that lots of other adults out there love AG's too!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123