Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Usually its just their hair/eye/face combo just clicks with me- even when its a doll I usually wouldn't think of buying. Like I would never think of buying a #17, but the one I saw on eBay had the sweetest face and I love her. But Emily, on the other hand does nothing for me.

Also, Nellie didn't do anything for me until I saw the Samantha movie and she was so cute and I think the doll really looks like the actress and I had to have her. That's why I'm scared to see the Molly movie, b/c I know I'll want an Emily after seeing it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For me, it is the outfits. I usually really start wanting a doll once I see them redressed in someone's album. Historic outfits are my favorite. I also love to see them redressed in handmade outfits.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Overall style does it for me.

I mean, I don't have a doll yet, but I'll pick her out as soon as we get photos from the new goodies at the AGPs, and she'll be ordered as soon as possible after that, but the dolls I've always wished for have been because of their style.

Clothes, eyes, hair, era, all of it. Lately I've been leaning towards dolls that I can place in the 30s, 40s, or 50s (bobbed hair, Kit/Molly style clothes), but I've always liked Felicity and Addy quite a bit because of how they look in their outfits, and the illustrations in their books (the ORIGINAL ones. I abhor the newer Addy illustrations). Kirsten's braids never did anything for me, and I've always felt that Edwardian dress is too constricting and frilly.

Oh, and I hate the bangs on dolls, so I suppose that factors into the style bit, and how I feel about AGT.

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] <font color="#e57c61">--- KERI ---</font> [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Different things really. Personality. Hair (If she has short hair, then I'm a goner!). Cuteness (though most dolls are cute). Stories/time in history (I relate more to Samantha, Kit, and Molly than the earlier dolls.). But the main reason is enabling on this board! [img]tongue.gif[/img] How do you think I wanted Marisol, Felicity, #21, WB Kirsten, WB Samantha, PM Josefina, #10, and so on? From lovely pictures on this board.

MickeyFan

For me it is the books. Every AG doll we have is because we either identified with the character or just loved the books.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12