Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I resigned up for ebay tonight, personal account issues, no negative feedback or anything...but well....

I was eyeing the poolside plaid, and they are really cheap on ebay-around 10-13, but I was checking the shipping-and the shipping of 1 outfit that can be sent in a bubble envelope was 6-7 dollars [img]frown.gif[/img]

Needless to say, I didn't bid.

-Jordyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's terrible I alway weigh mine and add a pound or two since my weight is always off. I think people are doing this since ebay raised their fees.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the sellers are making their profit on the shipping. I know that that outfit is 10.00 at the outlet, plus .50 for Wi sales tax makes it 10.50. When you add to that listing fees, final value fees and paypal fees, even at the higher price of 13.00, the seller would maybe be breaking even. If it was sent first class in a padded envelope for 6-7 dollars, they would probably make 4-5 dollars. If it was sent priority, only 2. I am always surprised how cheap some people sell stuff for from the outlet-I've seen things sell for prices that I know the seller lost money on, even before all their fees. To be honest, too much work to be worth it for a couple bucks, IMO.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with mandasmom on this. I have also found that the people who end up selling at a loss tend to quit selling AG things after a while. It's too much time and energy to LOSE money.

If a buyer can get a brand new retired outfit for under retail... it's still a great deal. If people can't make at least $3-4 on an item, I can't see them continuing to sell it. And if people stop buying things at the outlet to resell... the opportunity for people to get anything new and retired for close to retail will disappear. Just look at the prices on the things like the Bitty Bunny Pajamas or the Marisol outfits ... which sold out without appearing at the outlet.

Back when the Lindsey Meet Outfit was at the outlet, it consistently sold for around $15 on ebay. Just look at the prices of that now!!

Mary Kate

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Part of this is avoiding the ebay fees. Ebay charges a fee on the final price of the item but not shipping. Which is why you sometimes see 99 cent items with $10.00 shipping! It is unethical, and you can report them to ebay . . . but they will only deal with major violations.

Faith