Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

At work today several of the women on the same floor came down to see what doll I brought in, a Gotz redhead (Judy) with her hair in poodle ears, wearing a red and gold cheer jumper with white turtleneck, white sox with red stripe and red/white saddle shoes. They were surprised that Judy had gold briefs to go with her outfit, but then they were surprised earlier to find that my dolls are modest and do not "go commando" if you catch my drift...

As they were ooohing and ahhhing, one of them mentioned a doll I had brought in last week, a Diana's Treasures doll (Patty) wearing the AGoT Birthday Girl outfit with the Beach Boots, which the others were all eager to see.

When I said, gosh, I was planning on changing her outfit this evening as I usually change the outfits of the girls after I bring them into the office, they were stunned. They thought the dolls stayed in the same outfit all of the time! Sheesh... My girls would go nuts if they had to wear the same clothes all of the time. I mean, what about the seasons?

Since I have been bringing one in everyday, four days per week, I told them that for them to see each doll once it is going to take around four months and that is just the dolls. To see all of their outfits is going to take several years, assuming I do not buy or make any more clothes for them. (Like that is going to happen!)

The last I saw of them, they were walking down the hall still looking confused... What a wonderful hobby!

Taffy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL!! Taffy, I would love the opportunity to confuse some of my co-workers that way! Good for you!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love this story! Thanks for posting and your right people just don't understand. Maybe you could bring a new doll to hb everyday. I would LOVE to see all your beautiful girls!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You tell 'em, Taffy!

My goodness, if our girls stayed in the same outfit ALL the TIME, what would be the point?! [img]eek.gif[/img]

[img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How would they like to wear the same outfit day after day? How boring! Changing the dolls is where all the fun is IMO. Thanks for the story and I agree with Brown*Eyed*Girl. I'd love to see a doll a day [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hear that , I took my new doll in to Work and I work at Target, so I put her in the cart and walked arround this was before having to sign in . Well I had been talking to my friend then she went away , well I didnt think I turn to Mai ling and Said shall we go to the luggage that was about the time that human resources came arround and said talking to are little friend are we [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/sure.gif[/img] I must of went beat red . It is funny alot of people dont understand what we get out of these dolls or a hobby like this . [img]mad.gif[/img] oh well they dont know what they are missing [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] Diane

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Taffy - how could they not understand? Everyone knows the point of dolls is changing their clothes and fixing their hair. It's all about fashion. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

OK - With AG is a little about history, too. [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

People definitely don't understand. My family would think I was nuts if they saw me talking to the girls every day, LOL! They already think I'm crazy anyway so what's a little more, haha. I think it's really cool what Taffy is doing by taking the dolls in to work. Poor Diane, I would have loved to have been there to back you up and say "Yep, we talk to them, and if you listen closely, you might hear them talk back!" [img]wink.gif[/img]