Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awee!!! I am sorry to hear about that [img]frown.gif[/img] .
    I hope you are able to get an Addy again. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have the same problem with my DH, he's mortified if I take one of my girls with me and sits and glares! Really! He says I'm way to old (being 47) to play with dolls, let alone be seen in public with them...as if!!!

Inactive Member Samantha_Nellie_Felicity's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kym:
    I thought I posted about Addy this summer - but my lack of internet might of prohibited it.

We took Addy with us on Holidays. She was having a great time. It was on the way to the beach that our van we had rented was broken into to (or someone forgot to lock a door). We lost Addy, two dvd's and an old gameboy. The van was covered for collision but not for theft of items. We could have opened our house policy but the dedicible was $500 (not worth it).

So we are without Addy at the moment. Hmmm will the DPS arrest me for neglect, losing our precious Addy??? We still have Sarady but honestly it hurts to look at her!

I am going to posting some sale items soon and will hopefully raise money to buy another Addy
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ohhh, that is so awful! Poor Addy! I hope you find her someday, or you get enough money to buy another one.

Slightly OT- but I have a similar story. I was three, and I took my childhood toy, the one that you carry everywhere- Doggy, a stuffed dog-- to this big thing- I forget where it was- but there were tons of people.

Well, I lost Doggy. After much effort from my parents on trying to find Doggy- my mom got the same dog, made it look like it was very used and loved, and put it in my bed during my nap- saying she found it. I still haven't found doggy to this day- but the new Doggy is right up there with Molly on my precious toys list.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

My dollies have a very paranoid mommy. They don't leave the house much because, well, I'm terrified something will happen to them. That said, I have people over all the time, and I'm routinely carting one of them around with me in the house. So, I envy all of you with the courage to take the girls out of the house. Not for embarassment reasons, but rather for safety reasons. Sheila, next time you want to see a movie, just stick a dolly in your purse, and say to everyone else, "We're going, come if you want." They'll probably suck it up and go with you. I say we should never let anything but paranoia stop us! LOL.

Felicity_Fan85

I haven't take my dolls out to a movie- the closes was to take Kirsten to my class when we watched musicals on dvd.

I do want to take Kirsten to the cotton festival that is today and tomorrow- I went today and am going back tomorrow so she wants to come along.

*AG Star*

I often take a mini doll with me in my purse when I go shopping. Sometimes, they even like to peek over the edge of the purse while I'm shopping. [img]wink.gif[/img] I don't think anyone's ever noticed them! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, you're probably going to hate me, but:

If your daughter is at that age when she is embarrassed to be seen with you and your doll - I think you should consider her feelings and that should be foremost on your mind.

When we become parents we make sacrifices and this is one of them. Just be happy that she still wants to go to the movies with you and your husband because that will be the next phase and you'll wish you were back at this one.

My son is 23 and he hangs with his friends and we're lucky if we can spend 5 minutes with him. Enjoy going to the movie with your family, enjoy your dolls at home (at least for now).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

Yes!!!! I still am!!!! I didn't think I would be still. I just had a feeling she would be early. My last appt. was Thursday and the Dr. said I am maybe one cenimeter dialated, but the baby was still way up there. He has a funny feeling that she may have switched around and is breech again. I go in again next Wed. and if she is still way up there,he is going to order a scan to see if she is breech. That is if I don't go in before then!
    I want to have this baby before Halloween!!!!! I have a costume for the baby, LOL!!!!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] Poor cassieandnicolesmom!!! [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] I know how you feel; you just want to get it over with, huh? I was always that way at the end of pregnancy. That last month was always so hard; being so BIG and heavy w/baby...er...will this be the last one????...or do the girls and DH want a "Bitty-Boy"....hmmmmmm.... [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] ...he-he-he...("ain't" I awful)

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL!!!! I think this will be the last one, but you never know.
    My DH doesn't want any more kids.
    The only part of me that says maybe one more, is the because I don't want them to be lonely and Nicole and Cass are so much older. My Brother was in college when I was 3 years old and my two sisters were in high school, so I grew up feeling like an only child and always longed for a brother or sister.So that part of me says maybe, but the very uncomfortable pregnant part of me and thinking about labor and childbirth part of me, says "No, I think this will be it for me." [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cassieandnicolesmom:
    LOL!!!! I think this will be the last one, but you never know.
    My DH doesn't want any more kids.
    The only part of me that says maybe one more, is the because I don't want them to be lonely and Nicole and Cass are so much older. My Brother was in college when I was 3 years old and my two sisters were in high school, so I grew up feeling like an only child and always longed for a brother or sister.So that part of me says maybe, but the very uncomfortable pregnant part of me and thinking about labor and childbirth part of me, says "No, I think this will be it for me." [img]confused.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You know what???...you will get the answer to this after you have this baby. If you have a smooth delivery; you may say ok. I have never had nautral delievry, so I have heard what the pain is like. I had 2 C-sections.

DS and DD are 10 years apart. I do know that the gap in years made me say NO-MORE! I found going from having an independent child to a helpless infant most difficult.....ahhhhh...I am old! !HA!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] HA!!!!grandmotherHA!!! [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast