Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cookies ( the edible ones) recipes

T. Lynn

Don't forget to wear you cafe kit aprons if you have them. This set is so appropriate for this task...

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 19, 2006 10:51 PM: Message edited by: T. Lynn ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You read my mind about the cafe aprons.... [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My grandmother is famous for her cookies. She was the pastry chef at an Italian restaurant her family owned for 30 years. However, her recipes are nearly IMPOSSIBLE to follow. She had them written down once but she's modified recipes so many times that they don't resemble the originals much. She can no longer remember how to tell us how to make them. She's tried to show me, and I've tried to copy the recipe, but it's a lost cause. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img] She measures with her hands and eyes and puts in a little of this and that as needed. I did take a digital video of her making her cookies though! I can make my favorite kind. My girls haven't assisted though.

My other grandmother has some cookies she makes at Christmas. I didn't even think of having the girls help me, but if we make them this year I will.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Me and Felicity just made chocolate chip cookies! Nothing special, just the recipe in the back of Giardelli (sp???) chocolate chips. We made 3 batches of people-sized cookies and 1 batch of doll-sized cookies! Yum! We invited the rest of the dolls to have a little cookie party. [img]smile.gif[/img] When my dad saw my dolls downstairs at the table he said "Holy smokes, you have six of these things?!" Lol. I said it wasn't alot compared to some people! [img]wink.gif[/img] I took pictures and will make an album soon.

Donna Cotterman

Really! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] I don't think six chocolate chip cookies are very many... especially if you are sharing with your dolls. I've seen my son eat at least a dozen with a tall glass of milk. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Now why would your father think six cookies were too many??? [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] ^j^ Mrs.C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow Mrs. C, what a great post! Since it is past bedtime here, we will make some cookies and join in later this week. Please keep going. I have been making a cookbook scrapbook style for DD, I cant wait to add some of our Hostboard family's recipes in it! She will love it, recipes from her dolly friends! Yippee, signing off to pull out the recipe box [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks again.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just bumping it up so we can get some more recipes. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

-Jenifer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123