Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Does anyone know how much this was direct form Pleasant Company when it was still available? Is there anything better or worse about this version of the doll then the one currently available? ThanksInAdvance!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 02, 2006 10:55 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was $18 new from the Pleasant Company. I have one, and I love it. Her face is so much sweeter than the new ones. A neat tidbit: her legs actually move! I didn't know this when I purchased her. Very sturdy item, too. I am not sure if the new one moves at all, but I don't like the spoon shaped head. Just my [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img]

*edited to correct price. Price came from the 1995 Holiday catalog.*

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 18, 2006 05:15 PM: Message edited by: molly*belle717 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] . I stumbled on a retired Fashion Doll on eBay and was curious if the seller is over-charging, but considering it's been retired for a while I think it's a fair price.

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have the old one too. I didn't even realize that this was retired and a different one was being sold now. You can compare them both on curtdan's sightclick!
    and then you can see the difference in the heads. I like the old head shape better myself but I may get her new doll as well. I want to have a complete "nonretired collection" and I thought I did.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No problem! I debated whether to purchase her for awhile and ended up getting her for almost what she went for new, so I was pretty happy. Sometimes you can catch auctions ending for less that what she was originally. Good luck!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I'll end buying the retired version. The spoon shaped head of the new one looks off to me, and makes her whole body look too small, IMO. The only way I'm justifying getting the old one is because it is only $4 more than getting the current one from AG.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 18, 2006 06:13 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Definitely get the older one if you can. I got a lovely one from a kind HB member, and it's so much nicer than the newer ones that I saw at AGP-NY. As someone mentioned, the older ones have sweeter faces.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

She's very fragile and the paint is cracked on my Felicity's doll's face. I got her new from AG probably Christmas 1992. I think the newer ones are more authentic looking.