Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for reviews on Kit/Molly items.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kit is our favorite doll, and we have most of her collection. I love her birthday dress. It is so cute and very important in her story. Her bib overalls are also very cute and great quality. I'm a little lukewarm on her pajamas. They are cute, but the material will snag, and the top is a little short.(our dollies don't like their bellies to show [img]redface.gif[/img] ) I love Kit's Cincinatti Reds outfit-it is great quality, and I think you get quite a few pieces for $26.00. You didn't ask about her school outfit so you may already have it, but I really like it, and since it comes with shoes, I think it is a better value than some of the historical outfits.

I also agree to get Molly's aviator outfit while it is so cheap, not to mention still available. I'm sure it will be selling out soon.

As far as a must have piece, IMO that would be Kit's typewriter-I think it is the cutest thing AG has ever made, and it stand up well to lots of play. If you are ever looking for furniture for your dolls, her daybed and desk. I think Kit's furniture, especially her bed, is more sturdily made than the other dolls, and the fact that Kit has room for a doll to sleep-over has been a plus at our house.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

Thank you all so much for your reviews and details on Kit's things. This really helps me a lot--especially since I'm leaning toward both the Red's fan outfit, the overalls and the birthday dress :-)

Basically, I went through Kit & Molly's items to try to see what I could combine to spend just $30, so that's why I asked about the shoes for Molly. We already have Kit's work boots & I think those are her only shoes that are sold separately.

It probably sounds a bit silly to try to come up with $30 combinations but maximizing coupons is almost like a game to me.

I also appreciate the advice on the typewriter set. I've had my eye on that for awhile now and I'm a bit worried that since it hasn't been in the catalog recently it may be retired or something so hearing that it is good quality totally helps!

Did anyone else notice that Kit's pj's went up by $2 in price? I wonder why?

I'll let you all know what the UPS guy ultimately brings. I think I'm going to have to sleep on your excellent advice!

Thanks, Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by happyAGmommykatie:

Did anyone else notice that Kit's pj's went up by $2 in price? I wonder why?

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe the prices on just about everything have been raised in the last year. Some products have been revised but I think, unfortunately they are just raising all the prices of everything. [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is what I would buy and why...

1. Kit's Reds Outfit - very cute and in danger of retirement!

2. Kit's Treehouse Outfit (even though it isn't on your list) - very cute, versitle, and also in danger of retirement!

3. Kit's Waffle Iron - ADORABLE! Call a PS at AGPC and see if you can still get one before they are all gone!

4. Molly's Aviator Outfit - CHEAP now and very nice! I love it on Kit too!

I don't have Molly's cowboy boots, but here are my [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] on the other items you mentioned...

1. Kit's Birthday dress - VERY cute and I love that it seems to be based on a dress from the Wisconsin Historical Society!

2. Kits' PJ's - VERY cute and unique from the other doll's PJ's!

3. Kit's Overalls outfit - This was the last outfit I purchased of Kit's because I didn't think I would like it! I had all her others then just bought this because I wanted to complete her collection. Then it came in the mail! WOW! I loved it and the overalls are so much softer/nicer in person! The little hat is so cute too! The hobo accessories complete this outfit as well!

4. Molly's Roller Skating outfit & roller skates - At first I thought this outfit was ugly! But then it seemed to grow on me based on pictures from this site! Now, I LOVE it! The aqua skates complete the outfit for me. I also have the red skates and love them with her weekend outfit!

5. Molly's saddle shoes - I love these, but mine are PM. I know others have had difficulty with fit on these. I think they help complete her Camping outfit!

HopeThisHelps!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 03, 2006 04:53 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We love all of Kit's things & you won't go wrong getting anything else you're missing.

As for Molly we like her things too & the Dude Ranch boots are too cute! The outfit's cute too, but beware of the snaps on the shirt. Fabric is so thick the snaps tend to pull out.

The new roller skating outfit is also prettier in person. The blue skates are delicate though; the straps stretch & tend to break. Should be OK if you don't buckle them tight.

For Kit, my favorite for her is the tree house sweater set & for Molly, her after school outfit. I love the blue plaid flannel shirt with the blue cords.

Have fun making your choices....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by happyAGmommykatie:
    Hi!

My willpower to resist that $10 coupn is gone! I'm getting ready to place an order and interested in opinions on a few Kit & Molly items...what would you get?

Kit: birthday dress, pj's, overalls outfit or red's fan outfit?

Molly: roller outfit, roller skates, saddle shoes or cowboy boots?

Also, if anyone has Kit's scooter I'd love a pros vs. cons on that too.

Since I'm trying to build Kit's collection if there is a must-have Kit item anyone just adores please tell me too.

Thanks for your advice!

Katie
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love the scooter even though it's plastic. It's still such a fun item. All the Kit outfits are great but the pjs are probably my favorite. I love Molly's roller skating outfit and skates. Under must-have items for Kit, I'd definitely say her typewriter. The waffle iron set would have been my second pick but the typewriter is an absolute must.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You MUST get Molly's Roller Skating Outfit. It is really bright and cheery in person. I let Kit borrow it since we have yet to adopt Molly and it always seems to put a smile on my face.

Inactive Member american-girl-fan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kit's Birthday Dress:

This is my favorite Kir dress! She looks adorable in it and you should definatly get it!! It also uses snaps in this cool way...it's very detailed and pretty! And is only 20 bucks (which is good for an AG outfit IMO)

Kit's PJs:

I also love these. The little slippers are adorable and is VERY cute.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh my gosh you all are just so nice!

Well, here is what I already have of Kit's:

school outfit, tree house outfit, scooter outfit & holiday outfit (totally agree with everyone as to extreme cuteness of tree house outfit & my other favorite is the scooter outfit)

waffle iron set, work boots (both are fabulous!)

I did get the aviator outfit and I love it! The enablers here talked me into it and I am so glad they did--it is 100% cuter than I could have ever imagined based on the AG site picture.

Thanks Tiffany & Emily Marie. I'm glad to hear that Molly's roller skating outfit grows on you because it is one of those outfits that I just can't decide about--the yellow just seems so bright but I think the shorts and the overall value of including shoes makes it a good buy. I appreciate your honesty re: the skates and the dude ranch outfits flaws. This is really helpful because I'd hate for something to break...

Auri, you & mandasmom have talked me into the typewriter set--I guess it is only fitting since I was an English/Art History major and I've written way too many papers in my time (thankfully all on a computer :-) lucky me!)

The scooter I may have to wait on since it is plastic. I'm kind of thinking about saving up for Samantha's bicycle instead...

Thanks again!

Katie

I'm also glad to hear more positive thoughts on the overalls for Kit, they just seem so practical especially since my girls are gearing up for more outdoor adventures/albums this fall.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love Kit's overalls outfit!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12