Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

About a year ago, my friend gave me her childhood Sam. She is a WB Samantha, who is in fairly good condition, but I have yet to bond with her. Unfortunately-I am one of the ones that like a brand new doll [img]smile.gif[/img]

I feel bad if I bought another Sam because I would have 2 Sam's-a Mattel and a PM, and there are so many others that I would want first. And I feel terrible selling hers to pay for a Mattel one-even though she told me whatever I wanted to do with it is fine.

Its just her head mostly-her hair is thinning, so parts of her wig are showing and her face paint has worn off due to age.

I don't know what to do. I was thinking of sending her in for a Mattel head-I do love the squishness of her body. And even though she is PM, She is a skinner one-she fits into all the new clothes without a problem.

Any suggestions?

-Jordyn

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 09, 2006 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Starearedkid ]</font>

Ashley1972

If you sent her for a new head it most likely would not match the skintone of her body. There are a couple of board members, American Mommy and JenniferMarym, that have sewn hair into the original wig with great results. You can also repaint Samantha's face. I think that kitschywoman has directions for repainting and american mommy may as well. If you really want a Mattel Samantha then I think you should get her. It may make you feel better to sell the WB Samantha to a board member who really wants a WB Samantha. Just my [img]graemlins/money.gif[/img] .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe I will think of servicing her out to get a full head makeover-with face paint, curled hair, etc. [img]smile.gif[/img] She just looks so dull compared to the others [img]frown.gif[/img] Poor Sam.

-Jordyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Id take a WB face/head over a PM anyday.. to me there is no comparison!!!!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you do decide to sell her, I would be interested, I feel like I got jimped when they came out back in '86, I wanted one so bad, when my friend's mom got one for my friend, but my parents wouldn't get one and then I couldn't convince myself to buy a used samantha doll for my daughter for her first doll, which was a samantha doll (& nellie set the 195 set) anyways, just a thought.
    thanks
    -L

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you were thinking of putting a mattel head on the white body you could always ask for the old head back. Then you have the mattel head (thicker heair, as you said it was thinning) and still have all the white bodied doll pieces. Then you wont feel as bad and you can have the newer type of doll as well.

13Pumpkins

You can't put a Mattel head on a white body! [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] They are so beautiful! You could always buy a Mattel Samantha, and rewig this one, even if it wasn't the same type of wig. The WB heads are so lovely! I have actually had to stop myself from buying another WB Samantha......
    [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bat.gif[/img]

Ashley1972

Jordyn, this may make you feel better. Here's a link to my imagestation album of my Kit doll. She looks just as pretty as my Mattel dollies now. The difference before and after her makeover is even more obvious in person. Kit's Makeover
    If you don't feel motivated to do all this(I had help from Angie Gillygals) then maybe someone else will. I understand your guilt. Maybe you will feel differently about her if she had a makeover.