Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just read about hosting and I was wondering if I could join, since I am a newbie, I am unfamilar with you guys and some terms, what is agtd? I have done this with my daughter over the summer with a class pet last year and it was fun, plus i am planning a trip to AGPC next month and I know any AG would want to go to that, i mean come on, who wouldn't [img]smile.gif[/img] anyways, this would be good for us, I have only lived here at St Mary's of the Woods for about 2 years for school, and my life revolves around it, so I need to meet others and my AG's need to meet others too, plus with school out, they would love to do something fun. The trip to Chicago is full of stuff, since my parents live up there, we will prob be there for a week or so, we are signed up for molly's night party, manners class, and best class since it is 3 days in a row. HEY, JUST TRY TO TEMPT YOU TO LET ME JOIN [img]tongue.gif[/img] .
    Thanks for considering
    -L

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AGTD would be American Girl Today doll.

As for hosting, I think you need to be a more established board member (although I don't believe there are hard and fast rules on this). But you just joined the board yesterday -- I doubt that anyone is going to feel comfortable sending you a doll just yet (no offense).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

none taken, I understand completely, just like the idea

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The dolls usually travel for several months at a time. Maybe you could go ahead and get on a list to host a doll a few months down the road. There is a sticky post at the top of the page of threads that has a lot of info about hosting a traveling doll (if you haven't read it already).

I've never done it, but the albums people have made of their hosting adventures are adorable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I read it, thats how I found out about it, thanks

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sending my twins out traveling, but I already have all the hosts I need.

Watch out for threads announcing traveling dolls and sign up quick! I did it on a first-come, first-serve basis for mine (I had a few whose moms needed to confirm hosting, but other, adult members responded faster so I felt more comfortable with them.) Be active on the board and be prompt with responses to PMs about the td! (That's what made me like my hosts!)

Good luck! (PS: If I ever send another traveling doll out, I'll keep you in mind!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thank you, It just didn't dawn on me that being new there is a bit of distrustment, i understand, just didnt think of, anyways

what is a td?
    thanks -L
    by the way, i am an adult, if that makes a difference, & I have an 8 year old.
    oh 1 more thing, what about me sending one of our girls to be hosted? just a thought

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by for_my_rose:
    thank you, It just didn't dawn on me that being new there is a bit of distrustment, i understand, just didnt think of, anyways

what is a td?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is a great board, the moderators do a good job and most everyone is very nice -- but unfortunately, there IS some unpleasantness every now and again. Like everywhere else on the web, sometimes people make up situations and/or personas, start a bunch of drama, etc. So although we spend a lot of time in dolly la-la land, we do keep our guard up. Sorry if that comes off as "distrust".

And TD = traveling doll.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe before you host (and definitely before sending any dolls out) read the Doll hosting sticky, maybe even print it out. This will help you get a good idea about what goes on. Also wait until some people post their doll hosting albums and threads. I have never hosted a doll either but I've been on the board for over a year and I will hosting my first dolls in the next few months. Hope this helps!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just stick around. When people want hosts for a doll, they'll post, and you can sign up then.

I know it'll seem like forever, but just keep waiting -- you can get one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast