Thread: please help doing a downy dunk on lindsey....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The downey dunk will not ruin the curl but steaming will so skip that. The downey dunk helped my Lindsey but what really worked was the SOAG method. It really softens the hair, brings out the shine, and helps it curl better. PM me and I'll give you specifics tonight after work.

Dancin'4'AG

Arrow

her hair is somwhat dry but still quite curly and I would like to do a downy dunk..... will the dunk ruin the "natural" curl she has making her hair staright or what please help very worried [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Dancin'4'AG

bump

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just downied an ebay lindsey recently. It didn't touch the curls, and to be honest, it didn't soften her hair as much as I had hoped. But it definitely helped, so it was worth it. I have SOAG but haven't used it....will try that next...Thanks Princess Kailey!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For a girl with curly hair, I personally would only do the Son of a Gun. If you do downy dunk, instead of steaming, put the dolls hair (WET) in curlers, then from about a foot away push the steam button on an iron or blow-dry for about 3 seconds at a time. The hot air will help set the curl - but do it from at least a foot away from the doll.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is my Lindsey's restoration album. If your Lindsey has extremely dry hair I would recommend that you soak her hair in the Son of a Gun for at least an hour then wash and follow directions thereafter. Do NOT steam her hair as I did mine. It could be a very big pain to get the curls back.
    Lindsey's Restoration Album

There are also instructions on www.adollysworld.com and www.agplaythings.com . For those who PM'd me I'll be getting back to you this evening. [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 20, 2006 06:31 PM: Message edited by: Princess Kailey ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bumping so those who have PM'd me can see this. I'm having difficulty returning PM's for some reason. I'll try again in the morning. Joelle, I've PM'd you from AG Playthings.

Dancin'4AG, I gave you instructions to curl your Lindsey's hair but if it's curly enough already you can skip that step.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 20, 2006 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Princess Kailey ]</font>