Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Someone is helping me straighten out my finances, and informed me that I have NO $ for anything that isn't a bare necessity, because I have 1 credit card debt and bills to still pay this month. That means no trip to the AG Outlet, no AG books, no AG anything!

I just got Brave Emily and Kit, Kaya and Felicity short story collections and said that if I want anymore books I'll have to use the library. I'm selling off my Beanie Babies to help pay for the debt but even that won't pay it off. I don't know how I'll not buy anything for a long time. She wants me to use 100% of the Beanie Baby $ for the card debt, but I think I'll use 75%-80% and leave the rest for current things, like gas $ and stuff for my camping trip coming up.

Times like these I feel like I need to turn to Kit for some inspiration. I always think about her when I'm having budget restraints.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Good luck with your savings. Paying off your debt is more important than a new doll right now. American Girl will be around long after these debts are paid off- and you can buy things later- when it won't come to the cost of your credit score.

Hope the beanie sales go well, and enjoy the dolls you have, rather than lust over the ones you don't.

Donna Cotterman

Check on campus and see if you can get a part time job at the library. If you are an upper classman... consider a tutor for remedial reading, math or science for freshmen. Post a "Job Needed" at the student union to baby sit professors children or house and pet sit. There is also the cafeteria. (Not my favorite as the sport/jocks.. were sloppy on purpose) Check around and consider selling used text books that can bring in a little extra spending cash.
    Good Luck. ^j^ Mrs.C.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I agree, paying off debt has to come first. When you are able to buy a new doll, after the debt is paid off, you will enjoy the doll a lot more. Where are you going to try selling your beanie babies at? Do you have other collectibles that you could sell? Good luck to you!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by mominwestlake:
    Yes, I agree, paying off debt has to come first. When you are able to buy a new doll, after the debt is paid off, you will enjoy the doll a lot more. Where are you going to try selling your beanie babies at? Do you have other collectibles that you could sell? Good luck to you!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm selling my Beanies at a place in Streamwood, IL that buys Beanies. I don't know what kind of prices I'll get and I have a few that are worth $50 or more so I'll have to see how that goes. I have around 400 Beanie Babies! The other thing is that I'm going to have to take whatever they offer me as I don't have anywhere else except ebay to sell them.

And with ebay there's cost and so much work involved, and finding out the shipping charges, and all that stuff. So this is really my only option and we're not going to lug all my Beanies and drive for an hour just to go back home. They say no appointment is neccessary if you bring them to this site during business hours.

Mrs C-Yes I've considered the job thing, but the problem with that is that if I increase my income I'll lose my MAP award. I had to reapply with a statement that I lost my job, because initially I wasn't awarded any money at all when I was working 2 days a week. This MAP award pays my tuition.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Diamond Dragon:
    no trip to the AG Outlet, no AG books, no AG anything!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Katie, You've got to check out the thread called "Take a break from buying AG items club?" at http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ult...f/2155/t/34821 started by wrx-gal!

thepidget

Yup, I feel your pain. My budget is very tight right now. No AG things for me for a while unless they are gifts! [img]frown.gif[/img]

Good luck sorting out your finances!