Thread: Which one should I do? Madison Sale or Oshkosh Sale?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've not done either one yet and I'm not sure which one I should do. My DD is 22 months and is fascinated with her BB, while her twin brother is in love with the BB Twins.

I'm also a Kirsten collector so far, but MIL wants to start Samantha and Molly for DD. Poor kid!

Anyway, can you tell me anything about either of these sales? I have a good friend in Oshkosh and she is willing to shop the sale for me if I can tell her what to do. I'm about 6 hours from each sale, so I certainly can't do both!

TIA!

Jenny

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know that they do not have dolls at the oshkosh sale.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Madison is once a year, I would go with that. Boy you are lucky! You have a choice, I just wan't to go! lol

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It depends on what you most want to buy. Both sales are once a year. If you want dolls or furniture, go to Madison. You will need tickets to get in on Sat. when the selection will be the best. If you are more looking for doll clothes, go to the Oshkosh warehouse sale. The Oshkosh sale runs 4 days, and you don't need to purchase tickets.

Hope that helps.

thepidget

I wish I could go to both.... [img]graemlins/cry_smile.gif[/img] Now I have to visit Wisconsin someday!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I'll have my friend shop at the sale in Oshkosh for me and just call me on our cells while she is there. I called the store and they didn't have a list of what they would have yet, but said it would be a lot of clothes and stuff like that.

I'm going to try to get tickets for the sale in Madison next week when they go on sale. Wonder if they sell out?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes - the tickets will sell out, especially the desirable times. I have been to both sales. Oshkosh is cheaper and there are no dolls or furniture, but there are no tickets to buy and I bought a lot of cute outfits and accessories really cheap. Everything is first quality and there are no restrictions against selling on e-Bay so I sold some of my deals and paid for my trip.

At the Madison sale, you sign something that prohibits re-selling. I know that people do re-sell, but I am not comfortable with that. Madison is a busy, big place. Both sales are fun. Madison is more of an event.