Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Speaking of AGPLA, we were wondering how the food is there. What types of food do they have at the other AGP's? I am wondering if there is anything that my dh and ds will like to eat of if we should drop them off somewhere else while we spend time there. Since their only interest will be "lunch" I am hoping there will be something good for them to eat, plus I need to know how many to make reservations for.

Also, what type of food do they serve and how expensive is it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On the AGP website you can see sample menus. I think the food is a little pricy, but you get a lot and the tea I had was quite good and filling. For Kirsten's birthday celebration last year we had mini cinnamon buns, sweet lemon tea bread, cranberry scones, chicken salad served in a corn muffin, Ham and cheddar cheese sandwich, turkey with cranberry mayo served on Rye bread, Cucumber cup filled with Boursin cheese, berry pie with vanilla ice cream. All the food was tea sized which is also doll sized and very cute!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We've been to lunch twice. DH and his father felt the servings were quite ample. On this last trip my sister and I actually shared a plate and brought the whole other one back to the hotel. The girls had pizza. We had so much left over we didn't have to go out to dinner. We enjoyed it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've been to tea twice at AGPNY and enjoyed it both times. I don't think it would appeal to guys, though. You're probably better off making lunch reservations for the gentlemen in your party.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AGPNY dinner is nice....with plenty of kid friendly food! Just a warning, though: A child may not finish because the meals can be huge to a child or someone who doesn't eat much. The best part of the dinner are the appetizers and the dessert. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

AmericanGirlLover2982

The food is great at AGPNY Cafe DH and I went to dinner there for my 22nd in Febuary 2004 and we went for dinner and he loved it. He said the food was really excellent he said. I have been dinner, tea, and lunch and the food is worth the money that you pay.

Nikki [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My sister and I went for lunch during our trip to AGPC in April and we thought the food was quite good. It was definitely a large enough portion to fill you up. My favorite part was the dessert though!! Yum! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went for dinner at AGP Chicago with my DH, DD who is 10, and we all thought the food was wonderful. The portions were big. I have detailed pictures in the CAFE album in my signature. The food is very fresh and carefully prepared. The atmosphere of the dining room is wonderful. It is a bit pricey, but it was downtown Chicago, so not much is cheap.

ponydreamer

I have only been to lunch, at AGPC. We all thought it was great. It was about $20 per person, but we felt it was worth the experience. We had my BIL with, and he rarely gets full, no matter where we eat. He's one of those tall skinny guys with a hollow leg. He got ample food, and we didn't finish everything.