Thread: Anyone know what to do about GREEN bodies?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I know dolls can naturally be white bodied... but not GREEN!!! Last year most of my dolls were in my basement when it flooded, and the cleanup people said we had to clorox them or else send them to a cleaning facility, because we were on vacation when it happened and there had been mold. So, we cloroxed them, hung them out on a clothesline to dry... and now their bodies are green!! (Not the vinyl, only the cloth parts) Should I try the acne medication or do you have another idea?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Get some BIZ it's a non-clorine bleach and it even worked for me on old burp cloths w/formula stains!!!!!

I would soak them overnight or longer in a solution of BIZ and Wisk. This did it for me!

I use this stuff all the time, I NEVER use chlorine bleach!

You may also want to use distilled water if you have minerals in your water!

Oh yeah, be sure you take the limbs off and just soak the cloth bodies!

Good luck!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 02, 2006 02:05 PM: Message edited by: 3castles ]</font>

mori

Ooh, that sounds bad. I hope the cleaning tips work!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If the fabric is actually discolored from the bleach, you might want to remove all of the head, limbs and stuffing, and use RIT dye to re-color the faded fabric.
    If you are not in a hurry, I have a fixer doll on the way and I plan to re-dye her fabric body.I can let you know how it goes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes the bodies are actually discolored... lol. I'm not in a hurry... this summer I'd like to downy dunk Kira, Josi and maybe Cristel (but I'm a little worried about her curls coming out), make myself a Josefina costume and then I'll try it with one of the girls first before I go and clean all of them. So yeah, tell me if it works!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmmm. I wouldn't try Oxy10, that will bleach the vinyl, not the fabric. For the fabric you can probably do anthing you could do to regular fabric if you took all the limbs off. You could try washing it with stain remover, or try to bleach it.

Good luck!