Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We were at AGPNY on July 28th. As we were having lunch in the cafe, a guy and his daughter came in and sat down. He LOOKED famous, you could tell he was "someone". Turns out, it was Richie Sambora and his daughter. Everyone was really respectful of him and just let him be a dad. It was really cool to see, and made my husband feel better about being at a doll store! LOL

Brooke

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's such a cool story!! How cute that a rockstar would go to an agp with his daughter. I hope you had a good time while you were there as well [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, that's pretty cool to hear about NYC! I'll bet the LA store probably sees a lot of celebs.

as for his personal life...oh well [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

Laurie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's a cool story! It's great to see celebs at AGP with their kids, nieces, granddaughters, etc. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I also saw a famous person at AGPNY once, Lor Loughlin with her sister, daughter, and nieces. I tried to take pictures but of course they noticed. [img]frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a friend who is a pretty famous rock star. I met him while I was in college and his band was just starting out, so a lot has changed from his humble beginnings. I think a lot of the time rock stars get a bad rap. People believe everything they read, and many times it is not true. This guy just loves kids, and even though he doesn't have any of his own, he has been to all the " AG Places." He loves buying for his neiece and several other friends kids. He has sent DD some really cool stuff from his travels all over the world. He for sure "looks" like someone, and even when he is trying to hide, it really doesn't work. One of his favorite things to do is go to Best Buy, Costco, or just shopping with me when he is in town and check things out. He "fits in" better with me because most of the people he hangs around also "look like sombody" too and they usually are, so hanging out with us allows him to just be "normal" for a bit. That is wonderful that everyone at the Place in NYC didn't bother him, and just let him enjoy himself. He probably felt safe in a doll store too! :-) Believe that doesn't happen often. While these people want to be known, and take their fans very seriously, it must be so exhausting to always be "on" like that when they are just out and about. I will also say it is scary too, my friend has at least one security guard with him at all times when he is visiting. Things can get out of hand very quickly. I have been freaked out a couple times by fans going over board...it is quite a life they lead, and very

[img]cool.gif[/img] for the most part.